“Worst hotel in LA!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Monterey, Ca
“Worst hotel in LA!”
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Someone should remove at least 2 of the 3 star rating this hotel has! If I could rate this hotel 0 I would. Why?
1 hr parking = $10; all day = $27; charges for unanswered phone calls even to 800 nubers; service=inexistent; dirt=everywhere; furniture and bedspread =old, squalid and stinking. Not to talk about BUGS in the drawers! And I left the worst for last: the beds were so old and unkept that they would squeak every time you moved. Not a small, little squeak...but so loud it would wake you up every time you tossed or turned!! It was a terrible experience! Location might be great but the rest is a BIG FAT ZERO!!! and the price? $179/night! Hotels at $59/day have better service, better everything! What a joke! Unfortunately, the joke was on me. Don't repeat my mistake!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Valeria2121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2007

I stayed at the Ramada with my boyfriend as our first stop over on our california trip.
Stayed for three nights and was really really happy with it.
The hotel is very basic, no bar or restaurant but you are around the corner from Sunset strip where all the bars, restaurants and clubs are.
Plus there is a breakfast place just beside the hotels and other spots.
It s in the gay area which i chose as considered a very safe area which turned out to be as such.
I would recommend it.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — no bar
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed September 30, 2007

I made a booking directly at the Ramada hotel where I wanted to stay for 2 night. They have a "Best Rate Garantee".
At [--] I found a bookable rate $30 cheaper for the same night in the same room in the same hotel, which means I am entitled to a free night according to their terms en conditions.
However, although a simple check by phone could prove that the price was lower that the guaranteed lowest price at Ramada, I did NOT get a free night, because they wanted me to first book the cheaper price to prove it's cheaper.(nowhere in the conditions it says I have to!).
Obiviously that makes no sense, because at losangeles.com my card is charged for the full amount when booking, and if I cancel there are cancellation fees that apply.
That's an easy way of giving a so called "Garantuee"...

Stayed September 2007

Travelers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Here's your PERFECT example of how NOT to run a hotel. Let's hope Ramada is reading these (mostly) negative comments about this once-vibrant and name-drop-worthy prime location hotel.

When this place was constructed in the 80's, it was a sign of the times for this area -- cutting edge architecture, trendy and contemporary, a hotspot and destination hotel. WHAT HAPPENED? Besides a new coat of exterior paint (in some questionable bargain basement colors -- I mean really, light periwinkle blue? HUH?) this place continues to feel very run-down 1980's...

From the dated carpeting and artwork, to the jaw-dropping blatant lack of updating and modernizing of the rooms, to the overall "dirty unkempt" feel the rooms and hallways have...WHERE is all the $$ going? Rooms ain't cheap here, and the owners know there's a built-in clientele due to its location...and they are running this property completely into the ground, apparently until there's zero depreciation left.

BUT...word is spreading, and spreading RAPIDLY about the deplorable conditions now found at this place, from unfriendly front desk service, to dirty rooms, to WAY excessive parking charges, even for this area...and now that Wells Fargo inhabits what used to be the convenient restaurant on premises, even dining becomes a headache. All in all, this is SAD SAD SAD.

Better and more gracious hotels are creeping closer and closer and Ramada needs to wake up QUICK if they hope to remain in the very desirable WeHo market. This place needs to be GUTTED. Close it for renovations and remake it from head-to-toe. It's been over 20 years. Get with the program, and make this the crown jewel that it can certainly become once again.

• Liked — the potential this property has
  • Disliked — severely and inexplicably outdated. Very surprising for a prime West Hollywood location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Emmy awards had every hotel in the area sold out, so I took a gamble and booked at the Ramada. Our room, a king room (absolutely no representative photo of this room on their web site.) with loft bedroom, is dark, dreary, and feels dirty. The carpet is in dire need of replacing. Chipped paint on the bannister. If this place got their 2005 President's Award, dang what the heck do the other Ramada's look like? It's taken a mighty beating since then.

Rude front desk attendant made our check in feel like going to prison. His accent was so heavy we could hardly understand what he was saying. My husband cracked a joke to break the ice and the fella just sneered. I forgot to give my AAA card number when I made the reservation and (too bad for me) they could not change the rate at check in. Geeshz.

For $209 a night, $27 for parking and $1 for the in-room safe (what's that about?), I should have booked in Santa Monica or downtown L.A.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the entire hotel experience. Crummy front desk attitude and dreary and dark room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank salesmaven
Ireland
Reviewed September 14, 2007

From the minute I got out of the taxi I felt uncomfortable and wanted to leave. Entrance to hotel is in a car park. Our room was dull and needed a complete re-vamp! I booked this hotel because I was expecting top quality from a Ramada. Really disappointed. We went for a walk shortly after arriving at the hotel. Nobody told us(and we had to see for ourselves!) that this was Boys Town. Each to their own, but this made my boyfriend and I feel extremely uncomfortable. We left first thing the next morning and found a lovely hotel in Santa Monica looking onto the beach.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank MME31
Russia
Reviewed September 13, 2007

Absolutely no complaints from my side.

This is not a luxury hotel but very very very decent experience.

In my opinion this hotel is a good choice for those who

1 . Don’t want to pay too much money for lodging (and most places in this area tend to be very expensive)

2. Want to live in nice safe place (if you try to go for cheaper west Hollywood/ Hollywood opportunities you most probably end up staying in a dump)

Yes I have to admit - the room decor is kind of depressing.

Staff - I wouldn’t say that reception personal is very friendly but this is something that I understand as I myself was reception personal but the concierge was really really nice.

Parking - 25 bucks. Really something!!!!

Location - Since I lived on Merlose , Sunset and near Hollywood blvd this is my favorite location in Hollywood/ West Hollywood area. Not pretentious and not seedy, rather down to earth and rather safe. Yes its obviously a gay area but who cares if its generally a nice area.

Room service - from the nearest cafe. Not for fat watchers but yummy. And at least it exists!!!!!

I wouldn’t say if its a boring location or not cause I was there like rather young female who was alone and was very busy doing her own business without any entertainment.

All in all - not bad not bad but dont expect to get on heaven!!!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo