“Boutique Hotel in the Heart West Hollywood.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Montrose Suite Hotel

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Canada
“Boutique Hotel in the Heart West Hollywood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We chose this hotel as a stopping point for a couple of nights before heading to Dana Point. The location is great and in a quiet residential area. Close proximity to restaurants and Sunset Strip.

Its was a lovely hotel and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. It appears this hotel is more suited to longer stays as there is a kitchenette in the one bedroom we stayed in. None the less we had a view of Downtown LA and the the roof top pool is a nice touch. The rooms were decorated modern and our suite was clean and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello 2TOMAS!

Glad to have you stop by as you passed through while on Holiday. Sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the amenities Le Montrose has to offer including our near perfect location and spectacular views from the rooftop. Thanks for all you kind words and for your recognition of our team. We are fortunate to have pretty awesome people to work with that take great care of our guests and work hard to make their stay as comfortable as possible.

Perhaps your next visit could be a bit longer and allow the time to explore more of what WeHo and LA have to offer! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly as I would be happy to assist with your accommodations.

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Norfolk Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Being in the accommodation business we are always interested in how hotels and self,contained accommodation are set up and what they offer. This hotel is very nice and the rooms are well thought out. Plenty of space and nice decor. The staff have been most accommodating and friendly

Room Tip: Light bright rooms but with good block out for sleeping
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Poinciana54,

Thank you for the quick note regarding your stay at Le Montrose. I’m glad that our suites provided you all you needed during your visit to WeHo! Whether business or pleasure, our suites are able to accommodate whatever your needs maybe with ample space, pull out sofas and many with kitchenettes. It also sounds like the team here took great care of you and we are all looking forward to your next visit!

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I almost never review badly but here we go:
We arrived in a room that smelled of mildew and that was warm and humid. Window box AC units were off despite outside Temps of high 80s.

Room service food involved stale bread and congealed cheese.

Outlets didn't work, neither did the lamp by the bed and several outlets were operated by extension cords or quadruple plugs stuck on top of broken dual outlets. Um.... Fire hazard.

Our second night, oddly the heat lamp in our bathroom was on and the timer that runs it does not work. We notified the front desk and were told they couldn't send anyone up but that running the heat lamp all night wouldn't be a safety issue.
Who knows if it was a safety issue but it made our morning miserable, getting ready in an overheated bathroom.

The only cool place we found during our entire stay was the area directly over the reception staff. Must be nice.

We left to spend the third night at another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank VVVM
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear VVVM-

First and foremost thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I must admit that I was taken back by your experience and would like to an opportunity to connect with you personally to learn more. Should your schedule permit, please feel free to contact me directly on my office number or via email noted below. Once again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,
West Hollywood, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Workmen were ripping up carpet in the hallway while I was checking out. Their tools - including sharp scissors were all over the hallway. The "supervisor" obviously didn't care about the safety hazard! When I told the front desk, the response was so-so.
Decent price for the area, but VERY "Highway Hampton Inn" in service and amenities!
Creaky floors. Street noise - my room was at street-level.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the highest floor possible, and not facing the street!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank LipscombLiberal
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear LipscombLiberal:
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your comments. I am terribly sorry that during your departure there were tools and other obstacles in the way. We are in the process of completing our restoration project that also included re carpeting of our guest room hallways and safety is very much a priority for Le Montrose and me. I have already spoken with the superintendent in charge of the project to ensure corrective measures have been taken.

I truly am sorry you weren’t able to experience Le Montrose under better circumstances and would appreciate an opportunity to make up for that. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would like to personally assist in arranging your accommodations for a future visit.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The room is huge. It has a dining area, wet bar, a desk area, living room, fireplace, 2 flat screen TV's, a walk in closet, shower & bath, vanity area and separate bedroom. This is the first hotel that has actually taken my breakfast tag and delivered breakfast next morning!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Christine H
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hey there Christine H-

Sounds like you enjoyed your stay in one of our Superior Suites. Having all the amenities you described in your hotel suite make for a more than comfortable stay! I was also glad to read that you had an opportunity to order Suite Service as well. Our culinary team does an amazing job and the door hanger menu is always a great way to get an order in for an early morning start. Don’t wait too long for your next visit and please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of service!

Take care and safe travels!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The location is off the hubbub of Hollywood, but I for one love the residential location and close proximity to Sunset, Hollywood Blvd and Rodeo. To my surprise the room is a suite with a king size bed queen sleeper, fireplace and small balcony. The Suite is such a great value; I will be returning to LeMontrose when I am back in LA.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear stargazer 1119-

Thanks so much for the great review, I too share your sentiment! Being so close to all the local restaurants, legendary music venues, boutiques, Beverly Hills and yet tucked away in a residential area is pretty awesome! Whether your travels bring you for business or pleasure having a suite always makes your stay just a little better! I’m glad to read that you will be returning when back in LA as that is the greatest compliment! If your schedule permits, please reach out during your next visit, I would love to meet and say hello!

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here June 2014 for 4 nights and had a great time. This hotel is in a perfect spot
Easy to walk to shops and some sights.
We were really happy with our room, loved having a separate lounge and kitchenette.
Staff were fantastic - couldn't have been more helpful !
We will definitely stay here next time we are in LA

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor - some nights there was noise out on the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jody B
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Jody B

Thank you for the great review and we would love to have you back! It sounds like you reserved one of our Superior Suites and having all the extra space, along with the kitchenette, living room and separate sleeping area all make for a suite stay! I appreciate the kudos to the team and I will be sure to share with them.

There is plenty more to do in LA so we hope to see you soon! Also, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly as I would be more than happy to help with your accommodations.