“Great spot in West Hollywood!”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Vancouver, Canada
“Great spot in West Hollywood!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days back in the summer and have to say the hotel was AWESOME and the location was PERFECT! Super close to all the fun clubs and restaurants on Santa Monica Blvd and the Sunset Strip.....we walked most of the time so that was very handy since we only had a car available to us on our first day there. The rest of the time was cabs & walking.
Hotel room was VERY clean and quite large. Had a king room with a living room area, so it was perfect for getting ready and hanging out with pre-drinks before heading out for the evenings.
The hotel is in a lovely residential area so the hotel was pretty quiet (thankfully!) after many evenings of debauchery on the above mentioned party areas! :)
Pool area was AMAZING! Roof top and super chill & relaxing. A great place for morning coffee and some delicious breakfast. The hotel also has a restaurant/lounge but we did not utilize this time around since we had such a great and spacious room, and the location is super close to many shops so we could pick up snacks & beverages.
Planning on coming to LA in the Fall for my sister's birthday and would totally stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank staradew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having booked the hotel 4 months ago - we were coming up to stay with 2 families of 3. We read the reviews which seemed to be superb and location seemed pretty good, so this was the hotel of our choice in west Hollywood.
We have arrived this morning after a 15 hour flight we cruised around LA for a while and got to a hotel at 2pm. Only to be given one room and to be told that the second room was not available at the stage. Fair enough we though - the official check in time was 3pm. So all of us came to stay in one room. I had rang the reception at 2:15 asking for extra towels to be delivered to the room, so we could all have a shower and carry on with our day. " sure thing we have been told." Come 3 pm we still have heard nothing or seen anyone with our towels, so I rang back at 3pm to see if the second room was ready. " no it is not I was told. Let me see what the progress is I was told by the lady who promised us towels 45 ,I mutes ago." 30 minutes later - still no call back, so I have to call reception again to be greeted by a " supervisor" who has kindly arranged a "temporary" room until our one was getting prepared. The supervisor had assured us that we would be moved over to the one bedroom suite we had booked as soon as it had finished cleaning.
At 8:15 we had to head down to reception to find a guy by the name Duncan I believe who knew NOTHING about the situation...at this point I was getting wound up and frustrated.
We had a 4 year old child and a 5 year old chile who practically had NO bed and after a 15 hour flight were completely exhausted.
To top it all off the bell boys were rude and made comments like : " don do that sir, when I did a upturn and had accidentally run a curb over with a front wheel of a car as I was pulling into their tight and non existen car park.
I had also requested for the safe to be looked at as it was locked when we arrived - the same bell boy was there 1hour before and assured that it was going to get done while we are away.

Sorry about this lengthy review, but the moral of the story is - this hotel has real issues with a management and systems in place. This is our first night out of 6 and 3 more on the way from Vegas and we are disappointed to such an extent that we are ready to book another hotel just to avoid spoiling our holiday!

If you can help it - I would strongly advise you NOT to stay here.
Having travelled the world extensively - I must say that I have received better service in third world countries such as China at 4 star hotels then I did at this supposed 4.5 star hotel I WeHo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Vlad L
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Vlad L,

Please allow me to begin with an apology for your check in process. There is absolutely no reason for our laps in proper guest service. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to meet during your stay and apologize in person but do not want to intrude during your family holiday. I have left a message in your suite with my direct contact information and will make myself available if and when your schedule permits.

Kindest regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed at many hotels in this area for business.

Los Angeles "suite hotels" like this one are great if you're traveling in a group or for business. There is a lot of room to spread out. They're usually converted apartment buildings, and feel a bit more like being in someone's condo than a hotel. Without fail, they have a large bed, a little living area separated from the bedroom area by a railing, a wall air conditioning unit, and a little balcony with views that range from "okay" to "the back of some building." They're like Extended Stay Americas with more modern appliances and a few snazzy little accents from Pier One.

Le Montrose is nicer than some of the other suite hotels in the area, although like most of them, it's not particularly charming. The pluses: 24-hour room service, a rooftop pool and dining area that stay open late, excellent central location. The staff are very nice.

This is not the place if you're looking for something chic or with a boutique feel -- it does feel like a hotel for business travelers. I wouldn't come here for a romantic weekend or to feel pampered, but it's clean, comfortable, and accommodating, and I would recommend it over any of the other West Hollywood suite hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If you're traveling with teenagers, this may help.

I took three 16-year-old's to LA. We first stayed for three days in an incredible home-away apartment in Venice Beach (ON the beach! the kids and i loved it here. so funky/real). But, the trip was really one to explore West Hollywood, Santa Monica, Hollywood and downtown LA. I wanted a hotel in West Hollywood that was perfectly located in WeHo, super chic, roomy and comfortable (ideally a suite hotel) excellent views, patios or decks (with a roof-top pool as a bonus) and a well-reviewed restaurant. A single mom, we were on a tight budget, so before I began searching I wasn't hopeful I'd find a hotel that fit our requirements. But I did!

The suite was huge with a fully outfitted kitchenette (with Kerig machine - thank you!), working fireplace!, luxurious bath and a small, but nonetheless awesome balcony. HDTVs in each room. Free wifi. The beds? Loved. Boys had pull-out couch in living room that they said was comfy. Really loved this suite.

Rooftop pool was aaaahhh-mazing; Pitchers of ice water with lemon wedges, canopies, lovely chaise lounge chairs, pool was nice (kids liked it) and the view was insane. Save the fog ...:(

Valet parking guys were great; the car was always ready and waiting.

The location was perfect for us. Right off Sunset (but tucked away, so quiet.) so the kids could skateboard, bike and walk the neighborhood safely.

Notes:
Eats
Kids wanted to do a burger tour. We hit Umami on La Brea, (loved) on LaBrea, Tommy's on Beverly Boulevard (awesome), Capitol on Pico (authentic, real LA) Fat burger on Santa Monica (kids insisted. they had fun), In & Out on Sunset (had to do the drive-thru) and Marty's on La Cienega (my favorite; real old school joint).

Spots
We hung out in trendy areas and did a lot of the touristy stuff, I guess; Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip, Walk of Fame, Farmers Market, The Grove, etc. but had a great time. Loved Santa Monica from the hills to Third Street Promenade (saw celebs there and in Venice like Heidi Fleiss, Rainn Wilson, Judah Friedlander, etc.) Took kids to shops on Fairfax - Supreme and Odd Future. Fun for them. Griffin Observatory? Once there it was breathtaking, but had to park a mile away. Good stretch of the legs unless you have a bad knee (me). Pick a time when it's less likely to be packed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ellyns1002
Ontario
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here for one night a few days ago and had an enjoyable experience. I had stayed at The Montrose four or five times over the last twenty years with the last time being about eight years ago. It has been tastefully refurbished in the last year or so and is still a pleasant hotel to stay in ideally located if you don't have a car and have no major excursions to undertake in Los Angeles.
I was given a suite on the 5th floor, the only negative being that it was close to gym and not as quiet as I would have liked as one could hear noise from above and also noise from the street when the windows were opened for air as otherwise you have to turn on the noisy wall unit air conditioner.
The suite itself was very well equipped with a kitchenette and a nice balcony with lounge chair and a Keurig coffee maker. HD Television set in both the bedroom and living room with many,many channels to choose from. Wifi is fast and included in the price, which makes it appealing for business travellers. The only thing I missed was that years ago they used to have a small bowl of fresh fruit in the living room to greet you as you arrived. A grace note that has gone.
When I checked out I presented my bar itemizer to show that I had consumed two small bottles of mineral water at $3.00 each from the mini bar. As they drew up my bill and placed it in an envelope, I failed to check it as I had a car waiting for me to take me to the airport. I subsequently misplaced my bill and telephoned the hotel to email me another which they promptly did. Upon looking at it, I noticed that I was charged twice for the waters I had consumed. I replied to the email to point this out and did not hear back. It's no big deal, however I don't find the follow through very impressive and will remember that the next time I recommend Le Montrose or visit it again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Canadianknowitall
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Canadianknowitall,

Thank you for your review and more importantly, for your longtime support and patronage! I am glad to hear you continue to enjoy our wonderful location, proximity to so many attractions that are within walking distance and our newly renovated suites. For your next visit please reach out to me personally and I will be sure to place you in a quieter suite that will suit your needs. Also, please accept my apologies about the charge for the water. If time permits, and if you wouldn’t mind, please send me a quick note with your stays dates and specifics and I will be sure to adjust this for you and also make your acquaintance. While we do not offer the welcome fruit basket to every guest, we have adopted a new custom of home-made cookies delivered to your suite the night before check out. I hope you were able to enjoy our new, more decadent tradition! Thank you again for your review and business!

All the best and safe travels, (P.S.love the user name)!

Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here once before I went to a show at The Roxy right up the street. It was very clean, and my room was very nicely sized. It is quite small but very conveniently located. I would stay here under repeat circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jgrammatic,

It’s wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at Le Montrose and were able to enjoy the Sunset Strip and The Roxy, which are located so close by! I hope you decide to return and explore even more of the Sunset Strip’s nightlife and history. If you ever need anything, please reach out; I’d love to assist with your next reservation!

All the best and safe travels!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. It is in a great location, and we found the staff to be attentive and very friendly. We highly recommend this hotel as we definitely plan to return. The only negative is that we wished the pool area had more chairs. Other than that, we found this place to be excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reg D
Dear Reg D,

Thank you for your review of Le Montrose. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our rooftop pool! I’ll be sure to share your comments regarding our staff with the team – we strive for exceptional personal service and I am glad you experienced that during your stay. Also, I am happy to say that we are in the selection process of our new pool furniture. We'll be sure we have enough for all! Next time you’re in town, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to assist with making your stay and rooftop pool experience the best it can be!

All the best and safe travels!