“Pretty Nice”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in West Hollywood
Hermosa Beach, California
“Pretty Nice”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed here once before I went to a show at The Roxy right up the street. It was very clean, and my room was very nicely sized. It is quite small but very conveniently located. I would stay here under repeat circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Jgrammatic,

It’s wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at Le Montrose and were able to enjoy the Sunset Strip and The Roxy, which are located so close by! I hope you decide to return and explore even more of the Sunset Strip’s nightlife and history. If you ever need anything, please reach out; I’d love to assist with your next reservation!

All the best and safe travels!

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. It is in a great location, and we found the staff to be attentive and very friendly. We highly recommend this hotel as we definitely plan to return. The only negative is that we wished the pool area had more chairs. Other than that, we found this place to be excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reg D
Dear Reg D,

Thank you for your review of Le Montrose. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our rooftop pool! I’ll be sure to share your comments regarding our staff with the team – we strive for exceptional personal service and I am glad you experienced that during your stay. Also, I am happy to say that we are in the selection process of our new pool furniture. We'll be sure we have enough for all! Next time you’re in town, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to assist with making your stay and rooftop pool experience the best it can be!

All the best and safe travels!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 5, 2014

It is definitely a pleasant region to stay, even for a family.
There are some bars and nightclubs in the streets nearby, but nothing that could bother us.

Good options of restaurants around, which also helped our stay.

Facilities are not the best, but the price is fair based on teh offer. The room, bathroom are in good shape, but do not surprise you, as I have experienced in nearby hotels.

The staff, as per the title, is professional, not very friendly, but functional. Fine by me.

Room Tip: Despite being in a residential street, I suggest a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear VCMoreira,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our stellar location. There is something for everyone in West Hollywood, from restaurants to nightlife, shopping and spas, all within walking distance! One of the many things we pride ourselves on at our hotel is our privacy and proximity to all of the local businesses. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the variety of establishments available to our guests. We do, however, also pride ourselves on not only professional but personalized service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next stay and I’d be happy to assist and would love another chance to provide not only a professional but friendly experience as well.

All the best and safe travels,

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Le Montrose Suite Hotel for 5 nights. I have to say that I have never stayed at a Hotel where ALL the staff was friendly. I never felt as if we were bothering anyone with a request. I have attained Starwood Platinum for life status and at Gold level at Marriott and I have to say I have NEVER run into this at any hotel previously. Everyone one helpful, polite and seemed happy. The only reason I cannot give it a 5 is the cleanliness of the rooms which were not great. But when I called to complain about it they responded right away and with a smile. The location is great. Right on the boarder of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. A quite safe street with easy access to major roads. They have a small with a surpassing menu. We just had luck there but is was very good and a good value. You will pay more to stay at a lower quality hotel in the area. Great job!

Room Tip: Get a corner room if possible.
Dear alanp3p,

Thank you for your glowing review of Le Montrose and particularly your recognition of our team and the service we provide. At Le Montrose want all of our guests to feel like this is their home away from home and I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. I am however, disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of the room was not to your expectations, nor ours, but am glad we responded quickly to your needs. Please, during your next visit to Los Angeles, feel free to reach out to me directly so that I can personally assist with your stay. Once again, thank you for your candor as we look forward to all our guests’ feedback, both positive and constructive.

All the best and safe travels,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

well thought out room design + good size for west hollywood. great view from balcony towards downtown LA. great tennis court on roof which always seemed to be free. very friendly & helpful front desk staff. and everything pleasingly low - key.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank baz i
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear baz i,
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Le Montrose! The tennis court, balconies, views, and suite layouts are certainly much loved and I am so glad you were able to have a great stay and use our rooftop court! I hope we get to welcome you again very soon and thank you for your kind words about the team!

All the best and safe travel!

Greenwood Village, Colorado
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was my fourth or fifth time staying at Le Montrose and let me just say they never fail to please! I was upgraded to a superior suite instead of the usual delux. There are so many great things to say about this place that is is hard to name them all! Let's start from the top and work our way down. The rooftop pool offers a 360 view of LA and the surrounding areas. The hot tub is a great place to relax after a day of meetings! While the workout room is small, it is well kept and gets the job done. Now onto the suites... I love that each room has a balcony and a fireplace. It feels like a home away from home! it is situated between Santa Monica and Sunset and you have a wide variety of options for eating and entertainment. The staff - front desk, valets and cleaning service are always so sweet and helpful with smiles on their faces. Highly recommend Le Montrose to everyone whether you are in LA for work or play!

Dear Cotroutgirl,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stellar experience. Our rooftop pool, tennis court, fitness center, remodeled rooms, and the rest of Le Montrose’s amenities are all waiting for you for your next business or leisure trip! Do not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time you plan to come stay. We’d love the opportunity to wow you even more!

Happy New Year!

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2014

It was great! I thought that the cleaning service could've have been better. Other than that I feel like it's the most comfortable hotel I've stay at in LA. You guy should have bowls & sliverware in the rooms.

Dear CoodieRock,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay! I am glad to read you enjoyed our property and need to stay with us every time you visit the City of Angels, there is no greater compliment! Regarding the utensils and plates, our Suite Service team is happy to provide everything you need in your kitchenette and all is available by request. We take much pride and care in the cleanliness of our hotel and I appreciate your feedback regarding housekeeping, I’ll be sure to share with the team. Please feel free to reach out directly the next time you plan to stay and we’ll be sure everything is exactly as you prefer. Thank you again for your time and I hope to say hello in person on your next visit!

All the best and Happy New Year!