“Its ok..”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
San Diego, California
“Its ok..”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Husband and I stayed here on my birthday while we're in LA,the hotel is ok except that some lights in the room were non functioning or broken.There is the fireplace which added to the decor (its fire isnt that impresssive) .Bathroom is so tiny,we ended up putting our personal toiletries on the office table..Room is comfy though and quiet but small for the price.The price just doesnt equate to what we get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gracie709
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Gracie709-
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you had a lighting issue in your suite. We have an engineering staff on premises 24 hours a day so we hope they were able to be of service to you during your stay. We have a variety of different suites with different price points, so the next time you’re in LA, please reach out to me personally and I’d love the opportunity to help you find a suite with a larger bathroom! We have many with full private vanity areas. Again, I am sorry to hear your stay wasn’t up to your expectations and hope we get another chance to place you in another suite that may fit your needs better in the future!

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while seeing a concert at the Saban Theatre. The hotel was lovely in a quiet residential setting. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and affordable compared to the neighborhood hotels. We did not dine in the restaurant but they were very accommodating when I asked for some beverages for the road. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bingenheimer-

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our quite, residential setting that allows for the peace and solitude many of our guests seek! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and commend our team, I will certainly share that with them. We hope to welcome you back the next time you’re in West Hollywood!

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed November 15, 2013

great spacious room within walking distance to many great parts of hollywood. would stay here everytime im in LA. kitchenette and nice pool with tennis court on the roof! nice valet parker Sean gave good recommendations! can walk to sunset blvd, melrose ave, beverly center, santa monica blvd....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear CreatureofComfort12,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our property! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all the businesses and areas that are walking distance from the hotel. I am also so happy to hear that Sean was able to assist you with recommendations. He’s a great asset to our team and we’ll share with him that his assistance was appreciated. I hope you come back again soon so we can offer some new and exciting recommendations for the future!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Friends are always staying in similar size hotels in West Hollywood and nearby cities (Bev Hills/Westwood/WestLA) and feel we made a good choice with this one where we had a quiet corner suite with a full kitchenette, a total separation of bedroom and living room so that two travelers could co-exist without bothering one another, at a reasonable price. Considering it was Halloween weekend and we weren't there for the parade/festivities. . .it was quiet-no crazy traffic or parking issues and the location couldn't be beat. Staff were responsive, nicest people in the restaurant, every small request was promptly fulfilled with no attitude, but gracious good service. Parking which can be hinky in such places, was organized and the valet was NICE. It's nice to stay somewhere clean/spacious where the customer service is actually hospitable and not some fake smile by a clueless nitwit without paying through the nose. Congrats Le Montrose!

Room Tip: Had a corner suite and heard nothing objectionable at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear foodaspoetry-
I am so glad to hear you had such a wonderful stay at Le Montrose! We pride ourselves on personalized service and friendly, accommodating, and helpful staff, so to hear they exceeded your expectations is much appreciated. I will certainly relay your compliments to the team. Also, I am so glad to hear you were able to rest and relax in the privacy of your suite even during a citywide festival! Many of our guests love the fact they can stay in the heart of West Hollywood and are able to get a good night’s sleep at the same time. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back soon and again thank you for your glowing review – we appreciate it!

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 4 year-old son while on vacation after a frustrating experience at a different West Hollywood hotel. Unlike the other hotel, this one delivers on its promise of a kitchenette with a stovetop, pots and pans, and the usuall stuff you need to cook a meal for a foreign child that is definitely not used to the pizza and mac'n'cheese menu that too many places in the US seem to regard as 'kids meals'. On the other hand, as in other hotels I've stayed, you almost have to beg on your knees to have those pots, pans, plates and silverware to be delivered to your room and, most importantly, to be LEFT at your room. There must be some mysterious issue with employees training that prevents them to guess that if a guest is using the kitchenette to cook one meal maybe he will do it again at the course of his/her stay. Bottomline for hotel managers: if you plan on offering this kind of service, go all the way. Don't make the guest have to beg for it. Same goes for simple services, like delivering a razor. I had to wait for two hours to shave. And we're not talking cheap hotels here, this is West Hollywood, after all. So, all in all, a hotel that offers spacious rooms, so-so decor, a decent pool and a service that leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms have french windows that open all the way, unlike the room I got, that had...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frederico N
Dear brazilianwanderlust –
First off, great TripAdvisor username, I love it! Secondly, thank you for your review. I am so glad you and your family were able to use our kitchenettes! We find that our family clientele really appreciate the use of the kitchenette, so I am happy to hear you were able to utilize it for your needs. I am also happy to hear that you were able to get enough pots and pans for your use. The reason we request the pots and utensils back is so that we can clean them and provide guests with new ones – it’s part of the full service we provide. Thank you also for letting me know about the delay in delivering your razor. I will relay this to the team so that we can improve on this. If you decide to come back to LA and give us another chance, please reach out to me personally and I’d love to assist with your reservation and provide an experience that exceeds your expectations!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great place in LA. I stayed 5 nights with my wife and two teenage sons. Good location - very quiet but almost on Sunset Boulevard and next to Beverley Hills (I went for a 3.5 mile run there every day using a map from the hotel). Lots of restaurants within walking distance, well organised valet parking and superb rooftop pool and jacuzzi. Excellent value given the facilities. I will return if ever in LA.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mark p
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I made a last minute reservation with the front desk, which was extremely helpful while I sat in the cab line at LAX. I had arrived late, without eating. The hotel arranged to have a full meal in my room upon my very late check in. Upon arrival, my room was clean and the A/C had been set the lowest setting per my request. I checked out the next morning to find my bill settled and my arranged car service in the lobby waiting. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business