“Great little hotel in good location”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting West Hollywood. The hotel is tucked away in a quiet residential neighbourhood but is in easy walking distance to the shops, bars, restaurants and nightlife of Santa Monica blvd and Sunset blvd. The rooms were spacious, clean and well equipped. The only downside is the lack of choice for meals in the hotel itself with the restaurant and room service menu being the same. However unless you really wanted to eat in the hotel this may not be such a problem. Drinks are not allowed in the rooftop swimming pool area which is a shame.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank David H
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear David H,
I was happy to read you enjoyed your visit to WeHo and Le Montrose! Thank you for your feedback and appreciate you highlighting the cleanliness of our suites and great location! I’m also pleased to say that we are nearly complete with our new menu selection for our restaurant Privato, and Suite Service, which should be prepared shortly. I was however, disappointed that you couldn’t enjoy a cocktail on our rooftop and take in our spectacular views. I cannot apologize enough for the misunderstanding as we do allow drinks poolside however, control glass containers and bottles as a safety precaution.

I hope you don’t wait too long for your next trip and visit us soon. I’ll be sure to bring up the drinks, mini umbrellas and all!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found the Le Montrose to be a great business and leisure suite hotel in WeHo (West Hollywood). Its just 1 block off Sunset Blvd (and a short cab north of Santa Monica Blvd), both very desirable areas of West Los Angeles. The fact it is a block off of Sunset makes it quiet yet within walking distance of some great nightlife/restaurant scenes of Sunset Blvd (Viper room, Gordon Ramsey's and others).
The rooms are all oversized (hence the 'suite' side of things), and well appointed with nice size TV's amenities and comfortable furnishings. On both my visits and stays on the back and front of the property I found it quiet and pleasing. Having a fridge in my room was great for dinner left overs and late snacks.
Don't miss out on the roof top pool area for a evening retreats and even better for morning coffee and great views of Hollywood.
The gym had all their machines in working order and very usable.
I found the staff very welcoming and professional with some great ideas for weekend sightseeing.
I stayed on business and on my second trip booked an extra night into the weekend to fully enjoy the property and a leisure day in West Hollywood, definitely worth the stay over.

Room Tip: I stayed in rooms facing the back of the property and the front of the property and had no issues wi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank runnner226
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night recently at this lovely property. Our room was a large suite that was very nicely appointed, and had all the amenities one needs for a comfortable stay. I particularly liked the two large LCD TV's with the HD channels. The bed in particular was very comfortable. The rooftop pool and terrace were beautiful. The pool is small, but welcoming. The views of the surrounding area are truly terrific. The staff was very professional and accomodating. Parking, which in this area can be a nightmare, was easy at the hotel, as it appears to have sufficient spaces in it's lower level parking garage. Overall, a big "thumbs up".

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c1902c
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear c1902c,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with our friends at Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your feedback and are always happy to read that we have yet another happy traveler! The bedding, as you noted, was one of our top priorities during our recent renovation so I am happy to hear that you had a great night’s rest!

We look forward to your next visit and hope you may have an opportunity for a longer stay and further explore all that WeHo has to offer!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like boutique hotels, especially in tourist areas- this one was recommended to me in 2009 for a business trip. It was perfect- a quite oasis in West Hollywood for me and my clients to meet and discuss business. I have come to think of Le Montrose as my Hollywood home many visits later. Privato, the guest only dining areas ( indoor and outdoor ) on the Lobby level serve some of the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had anywhere. The pool on the rooftop is small but relaxing, the same for the jacuzzi. The rooms are quiet and most have balconies. The Rainbow , The Roxy, The Whiskey a go go are just a few of the music venues located a blocks away on Sunset Blvd aka The Sunset Strip. The staff is great , very helpful and polite. In July 2012- the hotel was busier than it normally is for my stays, but as always I had a relaxing and happy stay . They offer CA resident rates , rooms with kitchenettes and many guest get away packages . A recent remodel in 2012 updated the property nicely . Overall a great centrally located place to stay for business or fun.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had a good stay recently at Le Montrose. Rooms are ok, the fireplace was a nice touch. Facilities in general adequate. The coffee maker did not work in our room. The hair dryer looked like it came out of the 1990s. The bed was comfy. The gym was adequate, a couple treadmills and ellipticals and some machines and free weights. I guess I was spoiled by my stay a few months ago at The London, but I was a little underwhelmed. It's location however is definitely a bonus.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A last minute booking after cancelling with another property in the area; best decision ever!
Situated down a residential street off Sunset, this charming property exceeded my expectations, particularly considering the price. From the moment we arrived all staff were friendly and welcoming, and eager to assist in any way. The suites are huge, especially after 10 nights in NYC where rooms tend to be on the small side; equipped with everything you need including a fire place which is a nice touch. No coffee machine in my suite though which was disappointing.
Didn't eat in the restaurant, but did order room service one morning and breakfast was good; also had a cocktail in the lounge bar which was nice; but no one ever in there??
The complex used to be an apartment building which explains the large rooms; it has been given a great modern fit out with lovely furnishings and decor, and all you need for a comfy stay, including self service laundry in basement which is a nice touch.
I can't say anything negative about this hotel, and will recommend it to all travelling to LA.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Bali4eva,

Thank you for that great review and recommendation! I was glad to read that our property and team were able to exceed your expectations during your visit to West Hollywood and LA! I’m terribly sorry that we didn’t have a coffee maker in your suite. We were in the process of switching our coffee makers to the newest Keurig model and must have missed your suite during the transition, my apologies once again.

During your next visit to LA please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally arrange for your families accommodations.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were here for a 2 night stay. Had tried the Standard and the Grafton, and decided to try this one on for size.

Pro's: Beautiful, large rooms with comfy beds
Nice Rooftop pool deck with panoramic views
Only Hotel in W. Hollywood that lets you self park!
Quiet residential street. And a short walk to Sunset Boulevard, so you are just blocks
away from Whisky A Go Go, The Rainbow Room, The Viper Room, The Key Club and
the Roxy

Con's: No night life. If you are looking for a buzzing night club/bar, forget this place.
Restaurant was pricey for what you get. Suggest you take a walk as there are plenty
of great restaurants that are less expensive in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hollywood
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#20 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!