“I have stayed here many times,and will return again”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
San Francisco, California
“I have stayed here many times,and will return again”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I like boutique hotels, especially in tourist areas- this one was recommended to me in 2009 for a business trip. It was perfect- a quite oasis in West Hollywood for me and my clients to meet and discuss business. I have come to think of Le Montrose as my Hollywood home many visits later. Privato, the guest only dining areas ( indoor and outdoor ) on the Lobby level serve some of the best macaroni and cheese I have ever had anywhere. The pool on the rooftop is small but relaxing, the same for the jacuzzi. The rooms are quiet and most have balconies. The Rainbow , The Roxy, The Whiskey a go go are just a few of the music venues located a blocks away on Sunset Blvd aka The Sunset Strip. The staff is great , very helpful and polite. In July 2012- the hotel was busier than it normally is for my stays, but as always I had a relaxing and happy stay . They offer CA resident rates , rooms with kitchenettes and many guest get away packages . A recent remodel in 2012 updated the property nicely . Overall a great centrally located place to stay for business or fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Katherine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay recently at Le Montrose. Rooms are ok, the fireplace was a nice touch. Facilities in general adequate. The coffee maker did not work in our room. The hair dryer looked like it came out of the 1990s. The bed was comfy. The gym was adequate, a couple treadmills and ellipticals and some machines and free weights. I guess I was spoiled by my stay a few months ago at The London, but I was a little underwhelmed. It's location however is definitely a bonus.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A last minute booking after cancelling with another property in the area; best decision ever!
Situated down a residential street off Sunset, this charming property exceeded my expectations, particularly considering the price. From the moment we arrived all staff were friendly and welcoming, and eager to assist in any way. The suites are huge, especially after 10 nights in NYC where rooms tend to be on the small side; equipped with everything you need including a fire place which is a nice touch. No coffee machine in my suite though which was disappointing.
Didn't eat in the restaurant, but did order room service one morning and breakfast was good; also had a cocktail in the lounge bar which was nice; but no one ever in there??
The complex used to be an apartment building which explains the large rooms; it has been given a great modern fit out with lovely furnishings and decor, and all you need for a comfy stay, including self service laundry in basement which is a nice touch.
I can't say anything negative about this hotel, and will recommend it to all travelling to LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Bali4eva,

Thank you for that great review and recommendation! I was glad to read that our property and team were able to exceed your expectations during your visit to West Hollywood and LA! I’m terribly sorry that we didn’t have a coffee maker in your suite. We were in the process of switching our coffee makers to the newest Keurig model and must have missed your suite during the transition, my apologies once again.

During your next visit to LA please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally arrange for your families accommodations.

All the best and safe travels!

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were here for a 2 night stay. Had tried the Standard and the Grafton, and decided to try this one on for size.

Pro's: Beautiful, large rooms with comfy beds
Nice Rooftop pool deck with panoramic views
Only Hotel in W. Hollywood that lets you self park!
Quiet residential street. And a short walk to Sunset Boulevard, so you are just blocks
away from Whisky A Go Go, The Rainbow Room, The Viper Room, The Key Club and
the Roxy

Con's: No night life. If you are looking for a buzzing night club/bar, forget this place.
Restaurant was pricey for what you get. Suggest you take a walk as there are plenty
of great restaurants that are less expensive in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've found it very hard to find a hotel that I like in LA. I travel mainly for business, so I need free wi-fi, parking, a good night's sleep, coffee immediately upon waking up, and a gym. I will pay a bit more for something extraordinary, but since I own a small business, I can't ignore the value proposition. This hotel is almost the perfect hotel for me. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. The bed is super comfy. Great gym, great location, great service. However, something is a bit off. The balconies are not really balconies. The decor is a little wacky, the bathrooms are small (I need counter space for toiletries, vitamins, etc). The cast iron railings inside the rooms are weird. But overall, I can live with these minuses. I had a great stay and would consider staying here again... until I find the perfect place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kapaa, Hawaii
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I decided to try Le Montrose this stay. Great decision. There suites are huge, very tastefully decorated..they were so comfortable and cozy. Great bathrooms. Everything was new, two huge flat screen TV's and a huge variety of choices. I actually enjoyed not having a hallway ice machine and the noise that goes along with it. Nice fitness center, small however good equipment, and the beds were very comfortable.Brad at the desk made a reservation for us at Tortilla Republic a new restaurant near by. It was terrific. The hotel is well located on a quiet street, very discreet. Staff very friendly. I like to try different hotels and I will definitely return..

Room Tip: High floor facing downtown
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear John D,
Mahalo for your great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with us and our friends at Trip Advisor. I’m glad to hear that our suites were to your liking and that Brad at the front desk was helpful.

We look forward to your next visit and being your hotel of choice.

Happy New Year and safe travels,

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is not worth the money. The rooms are sub-par and the staff is even worse. "Le Montrose Suite Hote" boasts "balconies" but in reality they are windows that open with tacky iron gates that you are unable to access. I would compare this hotel to a "Holiday Inn." They have NO ice machines on any floors -- and hours after requesting something as simple as ice, none came. The location is decent, but not worth their high prices. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MRoman24
Dear MRoman24,

I’m so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Le Montrose. We take our guest feedback quite seriously and would appreciate an opportunity to chat and hear from you to further learn where we may have fallen short. When your schedule permits I can be reached on my direct office number, 310-598-1000, or via email at sbohjalian@lemontrose.com . I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best and Happy New Year,