“Quiet, Laid Back and Location that cannot be beat!”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were here for a 2 night stay. Had tried the Standard and the Grafton, and decided to try this one on for size.

Pro's: Beautiful, large rooms with comfy beds
Nice Rooftop pool deck with panoramic views
Only Hotel in W. Hollywood that lets you self park!
Quiet residential street. And a short walk to Sunset Boulevard, so you are just blocks
away from Whisky A Go Go, The Rainbow Room, The Viper Room, The Key Club and
the Roxy

Con's: No night life. If you are looking for a buzzing night club/bar, forget this place.
Restaurant was pricey for what you get. Suggest you take a walk as there are plenty
of great restaurants that are less expensive in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Montrose Suite Hotel

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've found it very hard to find a hotel that I like in LA. I travel mainly for business, so I need free wi-fi, parking, a good night's sleep, coffee immediately upon waking up, and a gym. I will pay a bit more for something extraordinary, but since I own a small business, I can't ignore the value proposition. This hotel is almost the perfect hotel for me. The rooms are large and nicely decorated. The bed is super comfy. Great gym, great location, great service. However, something is a bit off. The balconies are not really balconies. The decor is a little wacky, the bathrooms are small (I need counter space for toiletries, vitamins, etc). The cast iron railings inside the rooms are weird. But overall, I can live with these minuses. I had a great stay and would consider staying here again... until I find the perfect place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I decided to try Le Montrose this stay. Great decision. There suites are huge, very tastefully decorated..they were so comfortable and cozy. Great bathrooms. Everything was new, two huge flat screen TV's and a huge variety of choices. I actually enjoyed not having a hallway ice machine and the noise that goes along with it. Nice fitness center, small however good equipment, and the beds were very comfortable.Brad at the desk made a reservation for us at Tortilla Republic a new restaurant near by. It was terrific. The hotel is well located on a quiet street, very discreet. Staff very friendly. I like to try different hotels and I will definitely return..

Room Tip: High floor facing downtown
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear John D,
Mahalo for your great feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with us and our friends at Trip Advisor. I’m glad to hear that our suites were to your liking and that Brad at the front desk was helpful.

We look forward to your next visit and being your hotel of choice.

Happy New Year and safe travels,

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is not worth the money. The rooms are sub-par and the staff is even worse. "Le Montrose Suite Hote" boasts "balconies" but in reality they are windows that open with tacky iron gates that you are unable to access. I would compare this hotel to a "Holiday Inn." They have NO ice machines on any floors -- and hours after requesting something as simple as ice, none came. The location is decent, but not worth their high prices. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MRoman24

Dear MRoman24,

I’m so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Le Montrose. We take our guest feedback quite seriously and would appreciate an opportunity to chat and hear from you to further learn where we may have fallen short. When your schedule permits I can be reached on my direct office number, 310-598-1000, or via email at sbohjalian@lemontrose.com . I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best and Happy New Year,

Stephen Bohjalian

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights here on our way through LA. Being tucked in the leafy back streets of West Hollywood rather than in one of the many busy main roads was great as it felt like being part of the neighbourhood.
Proximity to all the main WeHo streets was good. Sunset blvd is at the top of the street but it turns out this is the seedy, rather disappointing end. If I'd just walked another ten minutes in I would have seen a much nicer Sunset. Our favorite walk was down Doheny to Melrose - it was just how we pictured LA! In relation to other parts of LA it was a $50 cab ride to Santa Monica but then that's part and parcel of being in such a big city.
And how can I not mention the rooftop pool. Great views over LA and plenty of seating options (tables and chairs and lounges).
We mostly dealt with the one guy on the front desk and he wasn't terrible but he was pretty dismissive of us. For the rest of our trip we had a running joke using this guy's name if we received substandard service.
I have already recommended this hotel to a colleague and when I am back in LA for work I will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel_Seeks
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is an upscale hotel just 3 blocks from Sunset Blvd. Walking distance to many attractions, clubs and shops but in a quiet area. Very accomodating staff and only 4 miles from Hollywood Blvd area. Lots to do in the heart of Tinsel Town. Many tours will pick you up at the hotel and drop off when done. A little higher in price but well worth it for it's attributes. Check this out. You will be impressed.

Room Tip: 4th floor has great view from balcony
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Seriously if you are heading to LA this is the place to stay! Great location in walking distance of many top attractions! Rooms are spacious and really clean. The staff at the front desk were so helpful and recommended the qucikest way to get to where we needed to go as well as places to eat and fun things to do at night. The pool was so relaxing in the day when there were hardly any guests around my friends and i had the pool to ourselves. The neighbourhood was quiet and this was great for getting a good nights sleep( we even slept through an earthquake!) it's really modern and again clean! From the reactions of taxi drivers this hotel is not to well known, i have no idea why?! It was faultless! I really hope to return to LA and where will i be staying ?i will give you one guess... 100% recommend this to everyone families, couples, friends and business travellers.

Room Tip: check out the pool in the LA sunshine!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends