“Modern, clean, and close to attractions...”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Newly remodeled and very modern with a condo feel. I thoroughly enjoyed the views from the rooftop pool and would highly recommend this hotel! Attractions are pretty close, within walking distance. The Star Walk and Chinese theater are about 3 miles or less. It's a nice walk through the hills and interesting sites along the way, like the Viper Room, Rainbow bar & grill. Hotel staff was very helpful, I enjoyed two meals at Le Montrose at Privato, where we had excellent food and service. There are drinks and snacks in your room for a fee and a mini kitchenette, which is nice. I also had chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered strawberries on my nightstand on my last night there. I would recommend staying in this posh hotel, close to everything!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my suite with my balcony views of W. Hollywood.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen B
There are newer reviews for Le Montrose Suite Hotel

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Overall my visit to Le Montrose was a good one. The room was large, comfortable and laid out well. It had a small condo feel to it. The rooftop pool is more like a ‘splash’ pool, but it does have great views. The neighborhood is really easy to walk around in and grab a bite to eat. The desk staff was fine and the food downstairs was pretty good. (Although it had been a long day so not sure if that’s accurate)
Doubt I will ever be in that area again but I would give this place a shot if I am.

-Not sure why some reviewers would let an experience unrelated to the hotel affect their perception. By the way there is a $4 charge for leaving LAX and cabs have it posted everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WelltraveledJHawk
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear WelltraveledJHawk,

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. We do hope you return to the West Hollywood area and look forward to the opportunity to be of service.

All the best and safe travels!

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I never, ever, ever write reviews but felt that I should in this instance. The hotel staff at the hotel was not very friendly upon check-in. In addition, some guy waiting to check in was arguing with a cab driver over $4 in the middle of the lobby and made the start to our stay seem like we were staying in some cheap motel. Really, $4. The valet parking is a joke and no one even approached us to to ask us if we'd like to valet or help us with our bags and they still charged us $35 to self park. The "renovation" was supposed to be done by this weekend (Jun 29th) but it wasn't. Their were people painting as we checked in and the (restaurant/bar) was a joke as well. The pool/rooftop had a great view but the pool and hot tub seemed really old and really small. Not at all what the pictures on the website showed. Their was no service on the rooftop for drinks or food and their was a group of people who admitted they were not staying at the hotel hogging up the hot tub. The room was ok but had a window unit in the room. The bed was small for a "suite" but at least they had a mini bar. I would NOT stay here again.

Aaron S.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Aaron681
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Aaron681,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts during your stay at Le Montrose. I was truly disappointed while reading your review with the challenges you had experienced. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the welcome you encountered, both from our Front Desk team and incident, as this was certainly the exception and not the rule.

Mr. Aaron, we pride ourselves on delivering our guests the level of comfort and luxury they are accustomed to and that Le Montrose is synonymous with. When your schedule permits, we look forward to the opportunity to make up for your less than stellar experience. Please feel free to contact me directly via email or phone. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Stephen Bohjalian – 310.598.1000 sbohjalian@lemontrose.com

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I booked the Le Montrose because I did not want to be on Sunset but close enough for business purposes. I cannot recommend a better place. I felt that I rented an apt for the week. I have never felt so comfortable. They recently renovated the hotel and their rooms are fun with a warm design. Having a kitchenettte and being able to park your own car (they have valet) made it feel like my home away from home. Their staff is amazing. Laurie at the Front Desk, is a gem! Thank you Le Montrose! Your friend for life, Tina. ;)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tina7116
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I booked a room at Le Montrose expecting something akin to The Chamberlain - just down the street, also in W. Hollywood. Afraid it wasn't that. While the room layout of the executive suites is similar to that of the other hotel, there are a few key differences. On the plus side, Le Montrose suites (some of them, at least) have a very small kitchen area, a little breakfast area for two and a wardrobe you can just about walk into. The Chamberlain has none of this. What it does have, however, are better designed and more luxurious interiors and a much, much bigger and nicer bathroom area with ample walk-in multi-function shower. Bathrooms are important to me and there's nothing worse than a shower with low pressure or tepid water and that's what I've been getting at Le Montrose for the past one week. However, all in all the suites are quite comfortable and spacious. Would still pay up to $50/night more for the Chamberlain, if given the option. Would absolutely not recommend a junior suite. The cottage cheese (artex, to us Brits) ceilings are so low I can reach them without tip-toes (and I'm 5'6''), closet space very limited, bathroom pitifully small and the shower water pressure terrible. Wouldn't recommend unless walking distance into the heart of WeHo is a massive priority. .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank businss_travell3r
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Le Montrose is a great, newly renovated boutique hotel, in a quiet location. I would certainly stay here again.
This hotel is on a residential street but about 2 blocks away from Sunset Strip.
The rooms are quite spacious and very modern and comfortable, but the balconies are small and don't give much of a view.
The greatest feature is the roof top pool, cabanas and tennis court! So realxing and enjoyable, with complimentary refreshments to keep you cool while you chill out.
Our Wi-Fi was free but the parking prices are about $35 nightly (valet and self park are the same price).
The hotel restaurant is pretty limited, but there are plenty of restaurants in the area.
I would definitely recommend having a car (taking cabs in LA will cost you outrageous amounts since the city is so spread out). We were a 5 minute drive to Beverly Hills. It took us no more than 15 minutes to go anywhere else we needed to go, in either direction, from Hollywood to Venice Beach, so the Location is pretty good.
I would definitely stay here again when looking to relax and get away from the busy Hollywood crowds.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ttnnpark
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We arrived the Le Montrose on the 9th Feb 2012, a couple of days before Whitney Houston died.
It was just before the Grammy Awards, and the Hotel was full of funky musicians, celebs and wannabes. The Atmosphere was electric. The rooms were large, spacious , in good order and had plenty of relaxation space.
Ours consisted of a separate dressing room, separate bedroom, lounge and kitchenette. 2 large flat screen TV's. gas log fire, mood lighting, stereo and coffee making equipment.
There is a pool on the roof, a gym with sauna, which I used everyday, and a restaurant.
To be honest, the restaurant could be more inviting and active. It was a little drool.
The WI-fi worked well and the overall location was excellent.
We would return, but I was surprised to see it was pet friendly. Being from Australia I am not used to seeing sausage dogs and poodles trotting through a hotel. but it was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view to the front.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family