“Goo location and worth the money”

Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was looking for a good place to stay in the area and this property was recommended by someone from the area. It is an older property in a quite residential location. This is a "Suite" hotel. I had booked a King Size bed and mentioned that I was looking for a more affordable property than one of the major chains.

My room was very large, a full suite with private outside deck, full kitchen, fireplace and very large bath room with dressing area and lots of drawer space, fully stocked mini bar,coffee maker, desk and two tv's.

Comfortable bed with turndown upon request -.two cookies and a chocolate covered strawberry!! This is a full turndown and freshen up for towels, etc.

There was 24 hour room service, a very good restaurant and full bar. Room service was quick and efficient, food was really very good. On site valet parking at no charge.

I'll stay here again.

One note, the hotel will be starting an all room renovation in March and it is expected to take about 3 months.

The property has a good excirze room, friendly staff, and a

Room Tip: Ask for the King Size bed - almost all rooms are at least an executive suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David C

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was a rather expensive hotel I must say. Despite the price I would rate it as 3.5 stars (max), and not to mention the valet parking was 35 USD per day. However, the location was very good as it’s a short walk from the happening area of WeHo, and yet it’s a quiet neighborhood.

Room is a little dated but charming: it has a fireplace. Very motel-styled bathroom and in desperate need of major renovation: our bathtub tap keeps leaking. Airconditioning was a little noisy, and during the night there were noises but we don’t know where they came from, probably from the room above, or the air ducts.

Overall, OK experience mainly due to great location that compensates the rest.

Room Tip: Check the AC noise, and I reckon the room facing the streets are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrtravelmore
Reviewed January 8, 2012

As this was my first visit to Los Angeles I didn't want to skimp on my stay and compromise either safety or comfort too much and splurged a bit on The Montrose. As it was over new years I likely paid a bit more than I otherwise would have. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly yet relaxed service and overall feel of the hotel. There is a nice enough rooftop pool and jacuzzi. The location is good enough for LA which in general is car friendly first but I was able to walk to breakfast each day. The room service I ordered wasn't great - overcooked and slightly tough chicken but the marinara penne was excellent. The rooms are a decent size with a living room area, fireplace and some with juliette balconies. They have fantastic Gilchrist and Soames bath products. Noise levels can be high at times not just from inside the hotel but rooms on the street side are subject to quite a bit of traffic, sirens, etc.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the street if you like a quieter room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank zajetsetter
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Mervin83

First and foremost, Happy New Year! Thank you for taking the time and commenting on your recent stay with us at Le Montrose. Whether you’re in town for a celebration or making it a staycation the Hotel amenities and service are the ideal combination for a comfortable and relaxing experience, thank you for noticing! I was however disappointed to read, and must apologize, that your In Room Dining experience was less than stellar. This is generally not the case and will be sure to pass your comments along to our Chef and make sure he is aware.

Once again, thank you for your positive and constructive feedback. We look forward to your next visit and hope to meet and say hello!

All the best,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed at Le Montrose in late December 2011 for 5 days and had an ok stay.

Location wise you can't do any better - close to shops, bars, clubs and amenities. We'd stay here again just for the location. Other PROS included the friendly staff, spacious rooms, comfy bed, roof top hot tub and laundry facilities.

The one thing that lets this place down is the noise. We were woken up a number of times by people in the rooms either side of us. You can also hear as people are walking down the hall to their rooms. We are not light sleepers but we still found it hard to have a restful night sleep during our stay and this is the reason for the 3 star review. It's a shame because apart from the noise factor, this is an excellent choice for West Hollywood.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jayroe
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Recently stayed at Le Montrose on a business trip. Staff was very helpful. Room service was quick and the food was good. Ordered an omlette for breakfast - HUGE serving. Small pot of coffee was perfect for me. Loved the fireplace in the room!! Used the rooftop jacuzzi and enjoyed this very much. Great view from the rooftop. Agree with other reviews...was somewhat worn, towels are rough, view from my room was of a side alley...still it was a pleasant accomodation. The fireplace made it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dznr
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Dear DZNR,

Thank you for sharing your comments with our friends at Trip Advisor! We were delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you recognizing our team. We truly are fortunate in having a committed effort to exceed our guest’s expectations. I couldn’t agree more, our rooftop deck and Jacuzzi are a great place to relax and take in the spectacular views.

I am also pleased to report that we are preparing for a complete renovation of our guest suites in the early parts of Spring 2012 and would love to have you back during your next visit to West Hollywood!

Hope to see you soon and Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 22, 2011

At first glance this place is pretty impressive, but after taking a good look around the room it was really starting to show its age, especially the bathroom. For the price one doesn't expect to find chipped paint on all the door jams and mildew in the shower. Also, the walls are paper thin. I was put in a room over the entrance to the underground parking and every single time someone entered the gate it sounded like a car wreck in my room. You could hear conversations of people outside, next door, and upstairs. The roof top pool and the view up there are breathtaking, but that was the only impressive thing I found about the property as a whole. The 34$ charge for parking I thought was a little steep as well, but the lack of street parking in the area leaves you no choice. All in all, impressive at first glance, but lacking of details and ridiculous noise levels killed it for me. All the great service in the world can't make up for that.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank jden236
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is not a four star hotel. At the last minute we decided to spend a couple of nights in West Hollywood after Thanksgiving. Without knowing if hotels are empty or full on this weekend we decided to try "name your own price" on Priceline to see what would happen. We entered 4 stars and a very, very low price for this area. We were surprised our price was accepted and matched with Le Montrose.
Based on other reviews, I believe they have a big difference from room to room. We had an extremely small room (me, my husband and 10 year old daughter). We had to move the coffee table to in front of the bathroom door in order to use the pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed pad was very old and all four "anchor" straps were broken. The sheet on our bed had a hole in it. The paint above the shower was flaky. The soap dish had a chip out of it. The sink drain had yucky brown grime around it. What I thought was going to be a kitchen (only some rooms have them) was only a small fridge - stuffed with items to buy so we had to remove those items to put our fresh cream (for morning coffee) and juice. Ended up not needing my cream because they do not have a coffee machine in the room. My husband had to drive to the nearest Starbucks to get morning coffee. There is horrible grime surrounding the fridge. The elevator has names scratched in the door and the lobby area furniture is ragged.
Even for the price we paid I had a hard time tolerating the room. Earlier in the week we stayed at another hotel in West Hollywood for a higher price with 3 stars and it was far above this hotel (then stayed in Rancho Mirage by Palm Springs for Thanksgiving).
I have read responses from the manager to other reviews that they are planning an upgrade in 2012. It seems to me the type problems we encountered are not really "upgrade" issues but more basic maintenance and cleaning (holes in the sheets in a 4 star hotel and grime in the sink drain). Again, based on my stays in a variety of hotels this is a solid 2 1/2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Contact hotel for room options.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank PJGreaves
stephen b, General Manager at Le Montrose Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2011

Dear PJGreaves,

Thank you for taking a moment and sharing your thoughts during your recent stay at Le Montrose. I cannot apologize enough for the challenges you experienced and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. My office line is 310.598.1000 or sbohjalian@lemontrose.com if you prefer communicating via email.

Your feedback is very important to me and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Le Montrose Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!