3,307 results
All reviewsnon alcoholic drinksrooftop poolfree snacksriot housegreat hotelriot hyattsunset stripcomplimentary winemini barview roomevery eveningcomedy storemodern hotelhouse of bluesthe penthousehigh floorvalet parking
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband, my 17 year old daughter and myself had the pleasure of staying at the Andaz for 6 nights. We truly had a great time. Our suite was on the 7th floor. It had a fantastic view. We did have a lot of noise coming from outside into the room, but I expect that when I am staying in a hotel on a busy road.

The staff are fantastic. Our suite was kept very clean and our fridge was replenished every day. Check in was a breeze, especially when you enjoy a glass of wine while doing so. We found everyone that worked at the hotel to be very pleasant and friendly.

We really enjoyed the pool area late in the afternoon after spending the day exploring LA. This was a great spot to have a drink and meet other people before getting ready for dinner.

You can definately walk to restaurants and shopping, but I would recommend renting a car to get around. The valet service at the hotel is top notch. It is $28 a day, but well worth it. We used Enterprise rentals, they are almost right next to the hotel and we had great service from them also.

If I return to LA I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
michelmorauw, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit and truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our prime location, unique amenities and fabulous rooftop pool. I look forward to welcoming you and your family to our hotel upon your next visit to Southern California!
Michel

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Did you ever hear about Shug Knight dangling Vanilla Ice off the 12th floor balcony of an LA hotel? This is it. That's the most fun thing I can say about staying here.

We arrived for a four night stay in LA. The first three were fine. Convenient location and apparently friendly staff. The fourth evening, the a/c stopped working. The hotel was fully booked and they refused to move or us or do anything. The night supervisor--clearly recently released from somewhere--was rude and condescending. I finally got the night manager on the phone--he promised a mobile a/c system. Ooop! They were out of those as well. Seems like many of the rooms have broken a/c. It's August in California: invest in some a/c repairs, you cheap jerks! The night manager (at home, asleep said, OH WELL TOO BAD). Hyatt does not have 24 hour customer service (unlike Marriott where I will stay from now on) so the 800 number operator was unable to do anything except apologize.

Then the night supervisor yelled at us because we complained about her to the night manager (who again, strangely, goes home to sleep at night!).

Bottom line, while it was recently renovated, the threads are bare. Avoid this hotel: it has little to offer except for a convenient location. If you have a problem, you are on your own. Angry impoverished Los Angelinos may get cleaned up to come work here, but it doesn't mean they can pull off even a three star hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Southerner-in-NYC
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at the Andaz for 3 nights. Our welcome on arrival was pretty average but we were checked in quickly and were up to our room in 5 minutes.
The room was nice, modern and large,and had a good bathroom. The room did have a lingering smokey smell. Also it was close to the lift and we could hear it working most of the night. I didn't hear noises from other rooms though.
There were free non alcoholic drinks and some crisps which was a nice touch. The free wifi access was great, and rooms had tvs and ipod stereos.

Unfortunately I was unwell the first night, and my husband called reception to ask about a doctor. They didn't ask what the problem was and just told him there was a hospital nearby.

The rooftop pool was lovely, and wasn't too busy.

There was complimentary croissants, coffee, juice and apples in the mornings which was nice.

The gym was very modern, and had all the latest equipment.

Staff service really varied, some hosts were really helpful and friendly (Brad), others a bit nonchalant.

We got free entry to the comedy club next door which was a fun night.

I thought it was a good hotel,but I don't know if I would return, or try a nearby hotel instead.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Loved it, Loved it! Everything about this hotel is awsome. Great views of the city. The area had everything within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
Michel

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We usually stay at the Hyatt CenturyCity but it was sold out as we had to fly to LA last minute for a 6 day business trip. I would defintely come back again - it's not the typical boiring stuffy hotel that's for sure! Beautiful artwork, low lighting, lots of freebies (snacks, internet, faxing/printing, wine) and the service from the front desk staff was amazing!
The only things that were less than perfect:
1. Our king bed seemed very old, 2 huge craters on each side which made our sleep less than ideal.
2. No hand towel ring or bar in the bathroom
3. A hot tub or actual bathtubs would be nice
4. Housekeeping was hit and miss - we never got clean glasses after the first day, our snacks and toiletries were not replenished daily, and the lobby bathroom seemed to run out of toilet paper often.
5. No option to reuse towels/sheets, it'd be really environmentally friendly to have guests have the choice to reuse or not.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business