“Love this hotel”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently sitting by the rooftop pool writing this review. This hotel is a great place to stay - fantastic location, chic and funky hotel and staff that can't do enough for you!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the sights, within walking distance of some great hotels and wants a chilled atmosphere to enjoy after a long day sight seeing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your most recent visit to Los Angeles. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel’s amenities, our central location and the service you received by our staff. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Lin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is my first Andaz experience and absolutely loved everything about it. A great warm arrival set the stage for my two night stay in a hotel that does not at all resembles its former life as the "riot Hyatt".

Beautifully redesigned rooms, loved how the old balconies have become solariums which even include at tv. The views of the LA skyline and just beautiful, especially at night when we almost feel floating over an ocean of lights.

The touch of the complimentary non-alcoholic mini bar beverages as well as snacks is fantastic. Nice bathrooms and great Lather amenities. The complimentary morning coffee and evening wine are two other great amenities offered at the hotel.

The staff is hip without being pretentious and everyone you encounter is very friendly and makes you feel welcome. The dining options around the hotel are countless, all located within walking distance so having to drive anywhere is not necessary which is another plus.

I look forward to returning to this hotel and trying the brand in other locations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
It is truly delightful to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Andaz West Hollywood. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. I will ensure to share them with the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to LA.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed with friends/co workers Saturday-Monday. We liked everything about this hotel. We booked through expedia, we were WAY early to check in but they accommodated us with an upgrade to the Penthouse floor right away. Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and on top of things. The location is perfect, and the views of sunset blvd and the Hollywood hills are amazing from the hotel, especially the roof top pool. Rooms were bright and clean. I would love to stay here again and will definitely be telling my friends about Andaz. Thank you for a great weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent weekend stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is my second stay at the property; like last time (which my review is for on here) I checked-into a King with a city view, and got a "sorry all we have is a...." last time it was a cigar smoke scented room, this time it was one that barely had a view over a brightly flashing billboard across the street that lit the room with lots of color (very noir, though, would have been great for writing a detective novel). They offered to move me the second night, but when you only have a three-night stay, it isn't worth the trouble. I have wondered if it was because I booked through a pre-paid third party travel intermediate, but it was via Amex and my Platinum card, not a discount site. May be it's just the luck of the draw. I really like the property and roof top pool. What brought me back was the hotel was very responsive to my last review, which was unfavorable--and as I just said it is a great property with well designed rooms and excellent service. Will I stay here again? Regretfully not--I usually visit after business meetings and check in late, so don't want to risk getting a so-so room again in this very good property. Would I recommend it? Yes, highly, if you check in before the good rooms go. I really like this hotel, but regret it has not worked well for me. (Even my recent so-so room was good, but if I am paying what the others are on higher floors, it takes away from the sense I am getting a good value.)

Room Tip: Don't check in later in the day! 3rd floor not great--noisy and at least on the east end, has a...
Green Features: Seem very sensitive. It is a boutique hotel in LA, after all.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for providing us with feedback following your return visit to Andaz West Hollywood. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to once again share your wonderful comments about our team, the service you received and our hotel amenities. I am terribly sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced due to your room allocation which caused your stay to be less than perfect. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly. If suitable, please email my assistant Lauren Farah at lauren.farah@andaz.com, at your earliest convenience, so that I may discuss your experience in further detail. I look forward to the opportunity to assist you.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have just stayed at the Andaz in West Hollywood.We were extremely tired after a long day of travelling that commenced at 4:00 with a 7 and 11 year.

We were impressed by the hotels warm welcome, assigning us a host who instantly brought our whole family complimentary drinks, yes, including alcoholic ones!

The position is perfect and the lobby very funky. We had some dinner and wanted to get a good nights sleep. This was harder than expected as the notice from the lift was annoying. In all honesty though it is not overly loud and only hear able from one room per floor.

When we brought this to the managers attention he graciously and instantly offered us a late check out which suited our time frame perfectly.

We also enjoyed a well priced and delicious breakfast with excellent service.

This hotel is a winner

Room Tip: Not backing onto the lift well.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments as I will ensure to share this with the entire Andaz team. We look forward to welcoming you and the family back upon your next visit to LA.
Edinburgh
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had heard a lot of positives about this hotel before we arrived and weren't disappointed. Staff are extremely helpful and our room with double beds was large by American standards.
Positives are free soft drinks and snacks in the mini bar. Free coffee and tea is available in the lobby each morning but no facilities are available in the bedrooms.
The rooftop pool is cool however closed twice at 5.00pm for private functions during our stay which was frustrating.
During our stay the restaurant was only open until 2.00pm and although food is available at the bar this turned out to be more like a diner in the evening. There is no separate bar to chill out in which I'm sure the hotel would benefit from.
We were allocated room 701 in a fully booked hotel. If you are a light sleeper maybe you should avoid any room ending with 01 as they are allocated directly behind the elevators. It didn't affect our stay however be aware that there is residual noise from the elevator shafts that I can best describe as a distant roller coaster.
Location in West Hollywood is great and in close proximity to Sunset Plaza with a great selection of restaurants. Mel's Drive Inn is only 10 minutes walk away and is recommended for good food at reasonable prices.
For those of you who haven't visited Los Angeles be prepared for the enormity of the city, suggest renting a car to make the best of your stay !

Room Tip: Avoid any room ending with 01 as they are behind the elevators
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed various aspects of your visit. Prior to any upcoming stay, please do not hesitate to contact my assistant, Lauren Farah at lauren.farah@andaz.com, so that we do our best to try and accommodate a room away from the elevators. We look forward to welcoming you back to Los Angeles in the near future.
california
Reviewed April 27, 2014

So excited to be going back to the Andaz...no where else I would rather stay. First time away with the hubby since adopting our son 8 years ago!!! I have stayed with my girlfriends in the past and we loved it! The staff is excellent, the food is excellent and the location is excellent! This SF girl is ready for some LA sun!

Room Tip: I stayed in a hill view room, it was great. Very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your previous stays at Andaz West Hollywood. We are delighted to welcome you back for your upcoming weekend visit.