“Beautiful hotel with great staff and amazing facilities”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful hotel with great staff and amazing facilities”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our first impression of the Andaz was of class with the a definite twist of the rock and roll history of the hotel. The staff that greeted us were amazing, which initially was John. He helped us get settled and gave us a massive amount of help with locations and just where to go in the area. We really appreciated this, not knowing this information ourselves. Along with John we also spoke often to Edgar who was incredibly helpful as well and gave us an understanding of just how special a place the Andaz is. The facilities and the rooms are beautiful and the rooftop pool and views were absolutely amazing. Edgar asked us if we would return when we were leaving and that is a definite yes. We will be recommending this place to all that head to Hollywood as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service that was provided to you by our team, as well as our hotel and its amenities. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to John and Edgar for making your stay so memorable. We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood!
Lin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here over Christmas for 2 nights. A great hotel with friendly staff located in west hollywood about a 45 minute scenic walk downtown. Plenty of handy local bars and eateries. The rooms are good, large bright windows overlooking LA. The bed was comfortable, bathroom small and could do with modernizing but clean and fit for purpose. The toiletries supplied are great and good quality. Could do with tea and coffee facilities in the room though like most other andaz or hyatt properties we have stayed in. Nice touch having free light breakfast in the lobby and wine in the evenings though on our second morning there was no hot water for tea and no milk for coffee. Trivial point though. Overall a great hotel and the roof top pool and cabanas are a nice touch. Fantastic views from it too! We will be back, thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at Andaz West Hollywood! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return trip to Los Angeles!!
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Visited the Andaz for 3 nights December 30th - January 2nd. Very trendy hotel (modern, dimly lit, etc.) The rooms are a bit dated. The staff was very friendly but did not always fulfill their promises. Overall, I would say we enjoyed our stay but for the price, I would have preferred a nicer bathroom and updated room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry to hear that the service and accommodations that you received during your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood was not typical of the service level we are committed to serving each and every one of our guests. I sincerely hope that one day we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with the Andaz true hospitality.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband, 7 year old daughter and I stayed for four nights Christmas week. We were visiting California for a 10 day vacation and to say that I did an exorbitant amount of research is an understatement. Between talking to friends, reading reviews, buying books, etc - I was armed with a ton of info. We chose the Andaz and I couldn't be happier. It will definitely be our go to hotel any time we are in the area - without a doubt.

LOCATION - if you want to be in the heart of all - Andaz is a great spot. It's close to Beverly Hills, Hollywood, the 405 - everything. We were at Sunset plaza in minutes - great restaurants even in walking distance. In Beverly Hills in 5-10 min most. Safe and not at all seedy in the wee hours of the night, and while it was close in proximity to all the things we wanted to be close to - if you look out the back of the hotel at the Hollywood Hills from the rooftop pool you will feel miles away from it all in your own private oasis!

STAFF - we checked in on Christmas Eve and the hotel was so super quiet - which we enjoyed. Omar checked us in and he was absolutely inviting, warm and made us feel like VIP/family within minutes of our arrival. So very knowledgea ble about LA and the surrounding areas and before we even had a chance to ask any questions regarding the hotel or our room, he offered the info which I value and appreciate. He offered us wine and even went and got an apple juice for our daughter which made her feel special as well. John at the front desk was our buddy most of the trip as we tended to see him the most. On Christmas - he suggested we eat dinner at Saddle ranch which is right next door after we described the vibe and food we were wanting. Keeping in mind my daughter - he sent us there and boy was he right. Between the cotton candy tower and smore making - it was a home run. What impressed me most about John was of course his friendly and professional attitude, but every time he offered suggestions, he did it with the whole family in mind! He always acknowledged us by name and truly made us feel welcome and valued every minute! Kudo's Andaz for hiring amazing people who truly love the hospitality industry and obviously love the company they work for as its obvious they take great pride!

ROOMS - we were in room 406 and it was fabulous. First let me say - I don't know what they use to "scent" the hallways - but I wish I knew. Every time we got off the elevator and walked to the room - it was pure heaven and so relaxing! Our room faced Sunset. We were almost literally right across the street from House of Blues. The rooms are spacious - absolutely in love with the whole sitting area with the two places to sit, the wall mounted tv and the curtain to close it off. it made our stay fabulous having that little niche to go relax and sit so you didn't have to do it on the bed! The rooms were clean and the beds were HEAVEN! lots of outlets and places to charge phones, tablets etc which is important to us. OK - on to the bathroom. When I saw the shower - I worried a little. Its one of those walk ins with a half glass door so it's open and the water came out of a fixture that resembled a small curling iron! I love a good shower with great pressure so I didn't think Id love this - well let me tell you - this was one of the best showers ive ever experienced in a hotel. such amazing pressure - the water does not escape the shower at all and it was a dream. There is limited counter space but cute cubby holes to store stuff and that worked fine for us!

HOTEL - we did not dine at the hotel at all but the restaurant looked lovely as did the bar! Will have to eat there (RH) next time. The lobby is so cool and actually pretty tranquil at the same time. Gym was fabulous! great water and towels and overlooking Sunset! The pool/rooftop was beautiful and scenic.. Loved the big "bed loungers" and the views. Its a small space but it was perfect for us! NOW..lets talk about what you get for FREE - yes - I said FREE!! Unheard of in the more upscale hotels (our next stop after andaz was Del Coronado in San Diego and boy did we miss the Andaz while there) Wifi - yes completely free. LOVE THAT! Mini bar/Snacks. stocked with a variation of water, sparkling water, sodas, etc. Which they restock once a day for you to replace anything you drank. alcohol was not free, but who cares! just to get a diet coke and a few waters was heavenly. There are healthy delicious snacks stocked each day - granola bars, trail mix and pop chips - all complimentary - I mean..come on!!! Each morning I couldn't wait to get downstairs for my complimentary coffee which was delicious - ad for you health conscious people - they have raw sugar and stevia!! Also in the am, a variety of newspapers (im one of the rare people that still likes to read a paper and not read it online) and pastries. In the evening - complimentary wine. IF you travel at all - you understand what a huge value this is and how great you feel supporting a business that isn't constantly trying to nickel and dime you.

VALET - some of the reviewers comment on how steep the valet price is but its comparable to any other place in town and with all that they literally give you - we didn't mind the valet prices at all. They were quick, friendly and any time my husband called down to have them bring the car around - it was there waiting when we got downstairs which sometimes only took us 5 min or so! I loved the Andaz sign with the guitar out front and when one of the valet attendants saw me taking a pic of my husband and daughter by it, he quickly responded and asked if he could take a few of all of us which I truly appreciated. its actually one of my favorite pics of the trip!

So, as you can see - we are definitely fans and will be loyal guests. I am a Hyatt Platinum member and to know that the Andaz brand is part of Hyatt is a thrill for me. If you are staying in LA and want a perfectly flawless hotel experience - look no further than the Andaz! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: we were in 406. was far from the elevator so didn't hear any hall way noise and overlooked sunse...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelPrincess1108
I am truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Andaz West Hollywood so thoroughly. From the service of our team to the atmosphere and the view you were provided in your accommodation, it sounds like you and the family really appreciated the Andaz experience. I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our entire team, especially John and Omar. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back upon your next trip to Los Angeles. Happy New Year!
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Well located, very nice contemporary rooms with interesting sitting area "in the window" overlooking Sunset Blvd with views all the way to downtown LA. Staff was great, valet parking more efficient than I have seen in other hotels. Nice touches like a welcome glass of wine upon check-in and non-alcoholic minibar items included in room rate. Nice rooftop pool area with stunning views. Decent gym facility with new machines. We had a great stay!
One word of caution: It is not the most quiet hotel. At times could hear the neighbors through the walls and some street noise from Sunset Blvd. Nothing unusual for an urban hotel, but good to know.

Room Tip: request high floor on Sunset side. We had a great view from the 5th floor
1 Thank Malte S
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!
London
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We were in LA for a few nights and had booked the Andaz. It was a lovely boutique hotel with excellent service. Staff had great knowledge of what was going on in LA and made some good recommendations for food, things to do etc. Colin was very helpful and check in/out was swift without any issues at all. Would definitely return for my next visit to LA :-)

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I am so delighted that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and that you enjoyed the service provided during your visit. Rest assure that I will share your kind words with the team, specifically Colin! We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles. Happy New Year!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is great. The location is perfect, nestled by the Hollywood hills on Sunset blvd. Walking distance from some nice restaurants and bars, also opposite the legendary House of Blues. I love Andaz hotels because staff are always down to earth and very helpful. Check-in is a fuss free pleasant experience. Our room was clean, modern and intimate, with a view of downtown LA. We got complimentary fresh water and snacks every day, perfect to take along on our day trips. The highlight of the hotel is the stunning rooftop pool which has spectacular views of the Hollywood hills and downtown LA. Would definitely stay again.

(Traveled June 2011)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SashDav
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to West Hollywood in the not too distant future so that you can enjoy our rooftop pool with spectacular views once again! Wishing you a Happy New Year!