“Great stay at the Andaz” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz West Hollywood

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay at the Andaz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very cool hotel in We Ho in an excellent location. The check in progress is easy and the concierge staff was very helpful with reservations and suggestions. We had a corner suite that was amazing with excellent views of the valley. The pool deck was a major plus with a great bar.

• 5 of 5 stars
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! We are so pleased to hear that you loved the Andaz experience!! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Los Angeles!
Lin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We went on honeymoon in May/ June 2013 and stayed here for 2 nights. As we were on honeymoon they upgraded us a penthouse level room with a great view which was very nice of them.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar and pool if good with great views of the city.

Parking is available, although this was expensive. The hotel is in a good location, and by one of the stops for the City Sightseeing tour bus.

We were especially impressed that in the morning there was free fruit, pastries, hot drinks and fruit juices available, and free wine in the evenings

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Andaz West Hollywood. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back to West Hollywood in the not too distant future!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on the last leg of our 3 week trip to America. It was a great hotel with very polite and helpful staff. However, if you're a light sleeper you may want to try another hotel. When someone knocked on the door across the hall from ours, we thought it was someone at our door! We could hear every time a door opened and shut. We could also hear people talking outside the building. I was definitely glad I brought my ear plugs. If they improve the sound-proofing, I'd definitely stay here again. Until then, I'll have to find somewhere new.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. My sincere apologies for the noise inconvenience you experienced during your time with us. All of your comments are truly valued and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I used to stay here back when it was a Hyatt and never thought much of the property. This is my third stay since its been the Andaz and I really like it each and every time. The check-in process is unique and pleasant. The rooms are attractive, large, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The free in room snacks are a great kicker. While the rooftop pool is small the whole sun deck level is really nice.

Room Tip: I like the penthouse level. Rooms facing Sunset have a more dramatic view then the rooms facing the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! We are so pleased to hear that you have loved the experience so much so that you have now joined us for your third Andaz stay!! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was extremely friendly . I liked the modern vibe but the room was a bit stark and the a/c never seemed to work so nights got a bit sweaty. With a teenage son I liked the concept of a fridge with free drinks/snacks in the room. When we arrived both were empty and I had to call the desk to have them replenish the supply. During the 3 nights we were here the supply was never retstocked.
The free coffee and tea in morning were nice as well as free wine in evening. Locatin on strip was good (walk to Sunset Plaza) but keep in mind Hollywood is pretty seedy....unless you are enjoy the nighlife locally I would recommend staying in Beverly Hills.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for selecting Andaz West Hollywood for your recent visit to Los Angeles! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay however I am terribly sorry that you were inconvenienced by the inconsistent service. Please be assured that I will investigate your experience personally. Hopefully one day we can welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with the Andaz true hospitality.
Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Once in while we have an experience that totally changes our outlook and expectations. My recent stay at the Andaz, West Hollywood was just such an experience. When I first checked in, I enjoyed the way the staff greeted us personally, and not over a desk. It was very personal and refreshing. I also noticed and appreciated that everyone must use their key to gain access to the room floors. This extra level of security should be the standard in all hotels.

My suite was roomy, clean and above all very sleek and crisp. I very much appreciated the free minibar and WIFI. It is so refreshing to stay at a hotel that doesn’t have that “gotcha” feeling at every turn.

Breakfast at the restaurant in the lobby was fabulous, with great choices great décor and great service. We went up to the rooftop pool, and it was very pleasant, which I know is not that easy to accomplish in a city hotel.

One of my favorite amenities was the free bottled drinks in the lobby, as well as coffee and snacks. As I was traveling with 2 of my kids for a mini vacation, I greatly appreciated the snacks and drinks at all times, again without that "gotcha" feeling.

All of the staff were friendly, courteous and professional. At all times, we felt comfortable and safe at the Andaz.

I was actually surprised that for such a quality hotel, the rates were quite reasonable.

I really felt that they captured the essence of what people really want in a hotel, and I look forward to returning there.

Room Tip: splurge for a suite; its not that much more.
1 Thank tedoworld
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I am so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and am delighted to know how much you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to West Hollywood!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a nice property in a great location on Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, just across from the House of Blues. The lobby and all of the public areas are extremely nice - very modern and sleek. The rooms, however, are in need of some TLC. I've stayed at this property three times so far this year - each time in an Andaz Suite - and all three rooms were comparable... modern and minimalist, which I love, but with some frayed edges... e.g. peeling wallpaper, scuff marks, stained marble, etc. Nothing horrible, but nothing you would ever see at the other Andaz properties. Overall the staff is nice and efficient, and the pool area is great - albeit a bit pricey. Notwithstanding the issues I've mentioned, I would stay here again. One very odd thing - especially given the hotel is located in LA - is that on the first of my three visits, at check-in I was asked if I was ok with a smoking room. I wasn't. And I didn't even know those existed anymore. On my last visit to the hotel, I was advised that while they would be able to upgrade me to a Suite given my Diamond status, the only suites available were smoking suites. And even with the portable air purifiers the hotel provided, the entire suite REEKED of smoke. Very odd to say the least.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MLD2000
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your return stay with us. We commit ourselves to serving every guest beyond expectations and to know that we did not accomplish this with you is very disappointing. Please be assured that I will personally investigate the accommodation issues you addressed. Hopefully we can welcome you back to create an experience more consistent with the Andaz true hospitality.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Petit Ermitage
Petit Ermitage
#2 of 17 in West Hollywood
4.0 of 5 stars 860 reviews

Been to Andaz West Hollywood? Share your experiences!