“Excellent hotel”

Andaz West Hollywood
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from a stay at Andaz WH, fantastic chic vibe throughout the hotel, excellent roof top pool views were amazing. Only disappointment was two of the evenings the roof top was closed to guests for private functions, I get that as I would hire it myself. Great location we could walk to Hollywood walk of fame in forty mins which was a lovely stroll taking in all fab houses. I intend to go back definitely.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darren D
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Andaz West Hollywood! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the pool closures. We thank you for joining us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

There are newer reviews for Andaz West Hollywood

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We picked this hotel for it's location for a couple day stay on family vacation (and to use Hyatt GP points). Like others have said (and we relied on) the location is great (to go do the Hollywood and Studio stuff, as well as go into BH, walk down to Sunset Plaza for shopping, eating, etc.). And the views from the rooms looking out over the LA area from the floor to ceiling windows has to be hard to beat in the area; plus was pretty cool to look out from the rooftop pool. But kinda felt like we were one of the few families at the hotel, and other than the childrens' menu @ the hotel restaurant, really not set up for kids. In fact, the roof top pool on a saturday afternoon was non appropriate for kids (and was a shame since we kinda planned our day around the assumption that we'd hang out at the hotel pool for a bit...if any other reviewers commented on that, I must have missed it)... there was a loud DJ & plenty of drinking that afternoon; only quiet times we found at the pool were sunset sunday evening, and in the early mornings. Also a bit surprising, having stayed at other Andaz properties in the past, is that aside from Rudy who was manning the Valet stand and the wait staff @ the restaurant (reviewed separately), the lobby staff didn't have the service orientation that I've experienced at other Andaz properties. I won't cover all the other stuff already covered (great snacks in the room, high price of parking, "thin" walls, etc.)... but I want to amplify how comfortable the beds are for sleeping that a few reviewers have already mentioned...after long days out sightseeing, was great to fall into those beds and get a great nights' sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pmmnc
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than perfect experience. At Andaz we strive to exceed our guests expectations and I am very sorry that in so many details we have not met yours. Please know that the matters you raised have been address and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that they do not reoccur in the future. I hope to be able to welcome you back and provide you and your family a fabulous Andaz West Hollywood experience.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms were huge, modern, clean, comfortable -- perfect after having ridden my bike to LA from SF and spending the last nights in tents ;-)

Add to all that -- the roof top pool and our room afforded us expansive views of LA and an opportunity to enjoy the sun amongst the other beautiful visitors to the city of angels.

Only downside, the check-in is a little strange with the communal ish checkin counter

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

I am so delighted that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and that you enjoyed your recent visit! We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to LA!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I don't know why I agonized about where to stay in LA so long. Everything is pricey, but that wasn't it alone. Reviews were a big part of it. So, I finally chose Andaz -- and they had a good AARP price. I got a great room with a view -- and a little seating area near the windows but with a black out curtain between that and the bedroom part, so you don't have to deal with the flashing Sunset lights all night. The room is spotless. The towels are bigger than I've seen at any other hotel lately (and there's a terry bathrobe). I've got to admit, the complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are really nice, especially since I had a very spicy dinner before I checked in and was tired and just wanted to sit and watch the view. The staff could not be nicer! It's just my first morning here, but hey, with free wifi why wait to send a shout-out for a great experience?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JSLinNYC
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I am so delighted to have the opportunity to read your kind comments regarding your stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our team and the hotel’s amenities. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we hope you enjoy your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz upon your next visit to Los Angeles!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

For a true LA-experience close to the tourist attractions this hotel is in a fantastic location! My husband and I recently stayed here for a couple of nights while in LA for a week. Was great to be close to the Hollywood area with most places like Runyon Canyon, The Grove etc. within close driving distance and music venues like the House of Blues, The Whiskey and Viper Room within walking distance. However, we did move closer to the beach for the rest of our stay for a more relaxed beachy time.
I would definitely say that the free wifi is a bonus, as is the rooftop-pool (although we did find it difficult to get a pool area bed over the weekend). Rooms are spacious, with great views and very clean. Unforunately we did get a room right off the elevator, which was noisy at times. Parking is expensive, but no more than everywhere else in West Hollywood and the valet service was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator were noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your review following your recent visit here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We loved this hotel! Fantastic staff who were all knowledgable of the area. The Concierge was extremely helpful - he booked our tour in minutes! There was always someone waiting in the driveway to help you with your bags or a cab. Everyone we spoke to made our stay enjoyable.

Great modern rooms - simple but wonderful. Especially loved the extras of happy hour drinks, breakfast coffee and pastries and mini bar included. Great location. Close to cafes,clubs and public transport.
Thoroughly recommend! Would definitely visit again.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank LouW72

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

There are 2 things you have to accept when you stay in West Hollywood - a decent hotel will cost you and parking is very expensive. With this is mind, The Andaz is a very good hotel. It is well located in West Hollywood close to most sites (but you still need a car).

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite big and have a little extra seating area (which can be closed off with a curtain to give a little privacy). Our room had a great view to downtown LA. The hotel is right on Sunset Blvd but the traffic noise is very minimal. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are clean and it has a great shower.

The roof top pool is fantastic with great 360 views of LA. The pool area has these large day beds with a cover - they are big enough for 2 adults and 2 kids and they provide enough cover so you can lie in the shade.

There is a nice little gym with all new equipment for a workout.

The best thing about the Andaz is the small things. They provide you with free waters, snacks, milk and juice in your room and in the lobby. Also, finally, a hotel that provides you with free WiFi (good speed as well). Everybody who travels nowadays has a smart phone, tablet or iPad thus WiFi is essential. We used our iPad to get directions and find restaurants - this made our trip easier and better. I can't believe more hotels don't provide free WiFi. This reason alone is worth staying at the Andaz.

The only negative is parking is $33 a day but there is zero street parking and all other hotels charge a similar rate. The valet staff were all excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor looking over the city
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MountainBear13

I am so delighted to have the opportunity to read your kind comments following your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood! I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our amazing team, the room accommodations and the hotel’s amenities. We truly look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel upon your next visit to West Hollywood!