Andaz West Hollywood
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Breakfast included
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
$345
  • Pool
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
$395
$349
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$333
$255
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$220
  • Restaurant
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$306
$240
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$271
$200
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
$345
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$247
$210
3,155 results
All reviewsfree snacksnon alcoholic drinksrooftop poolriot housecomplimentary wineriot hyattgreat hotelsunset stripview roommini barcomedy storeevery eveningthe check in processmodern hotelhouse of bluesvalet parkinghigh floor
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here last year with my partner and had the best holiday to date! Brilliant location, good atmosphere. A great experience staying in the hotel with excellent staff! Efficient check-in service and warm welcome, with a complimentary glass of wine! Big thanks to Walter who went above and beyond his call of duty to ensure our stay was a pleasant one! He is a member of staff we shall not forget. And shall be hoping to see him again.
The rooms were clean and a lovely size, but the bed could have been a little more comfy but still had a good sleep, the rooftop pool with bar is amazing too! Used the Gym facilities which is a must!!
Did not eat in the Hotel Restaurant but shall try it out next time!

Definately will return to this hotel. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I am so delighted that you chose to stay at Andaz West Hollywood and truly appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing feedback. I will be sure to share your kind words with Walter and on behalf of all of us here at the hotel, I look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to West Hollywood!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at this place a number of times over the years (earlier as the Hyatt and now as the Andaz), and every time I've stayed there it's seemed like a different hotel--it seems like the place is constantly being redecorated and/or reinvented. The latest version is trendy and cool looking place, and the common areas are interesting and comfortable.

The rooms aren't anything to write home about, though. (Or, at least, my room wasn't--though a colleague was staying at the hotel at the same time, and described his room as being much different from mine, and nicer.) The room was, well, OK, but not great. It was also noisy--not only constant mechanical noise from the nearby elevator every time someone used it, but shouting and party type noise from outside the room very late at night. (Though I think this might have been coming from outside my immediate area--possibly from the parking lot in back or from rooms on another floor.) The rooms could be better insulated against noise. Someone had set the bedside alarm clock to go off at about 5:00 a.m., too, so I was rudely awakened then--in better hotels, the housekeeping staff remembers to check the bedside alarm when they make up the room, to guard against this.

Other than that, the staff is friendly, accomodating, and professional.

On the plus side, the room was clean, there were very nice toiletries and other amenities provided, and guests are invited to consume any or all of the limited number mini-bar items in the rooms for free, except alcholic beverages.

This is not an inexpensive area of course, but the room rates at this place are pretty high, even for this area. I'm not sure it's a good value at this level of quality/comfort.

I'll stay again, most likely, but this wasn't the best experience I've had at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room a long way away from the noisy elevators
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. As a repeat guest, all of your comments are truly valued. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you both back in the not too distant future for you to enjoy a more consistent Andaz experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

LA and the Andaz was our final leg of our round the world trip and it did not disapoint. We were booked in for 5 nights and had a clear idea of what we wanted to do whilst here, our check in via our host with his iPad’s was simple and efficient. Our host arranged our trips without any fuss and was helpful and informative; all of the staff done their best to ensure our stay was a memorable one.

We had read a couple of negative reviews about the food in the hotel, we can only speak how we found it, excellent quality produce, cooked well and presented with flair, I don’t know how anyone can say the food is expensive compared to other similar establishments, the mushroom risotto, fillet steak and prawns were excellent nothing was too much trouble, they have an excellent wine list for all budgets.

We had a couple of issues whilst we were staying at the Andaz, things that I will not go into because the staff sorted them out to our satisfaction, credit to the team as there customer service was excellent, I believe in giving people a chance to put things right and often wonder with some of the reviews written whether the hotels etc. even knew the client had a problem!.

The Andaz is in a great location with a couple of really good restaurants and bars within walking distance. It was not warm enough for us to swim but we did sit outside and have a drink a truly relaxing area.

It is a quirky hotel and it won’t be to everyone’s taste, but coming from someone that likes traditional old fashioned hotels I really enjoy my stay and would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again, I understood where they are coming from and where they are going with the concept.

Just remember guys women are guests too! If any criticism watch the masculine décor it can come across a little dark and cold.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your rave review following your recent visit here at Andaz West Hollywood. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We strive to exceed guests’ expectations and I am so delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our distinctive check-in process and the service provided to you by our team. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to LA!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

After our long flight from Sydney and suffering the LA traffic, it was such a breath of fresh air entering the lobby of The Andaz West Hollywood. The lobby has a very cool vibe with dim lighting, artwork and modern furniture. The staff were extremely welcoming and very warm and once we were seated we were offered a glass of wine. Check in was simple- its not your traditional check in with a desk, the feel of the lobby is open and it's maintained by staff standing with iPads ready to check you in and answer any additional questions.

After check in we were told where our room was and given our keys however no one offered to take our bags to our room which felt a little weird. Once we arrived in the room we found it to be a little basic, dark and on the small side. Lets just say the way the bathroom is set up is not for two people sharing, especially friends. The basin is tiny and the lighting is extremely dark, plus you have no privacy if you need to go to the bathroom or shower. We also found the room to be a little dirty, with smudges on the mirrors and dusty fixtures.

All in all, i was not really impressed with the rooms, however the staff were great. There is complimentary wifi throughout the hotel and all the non alcoholic drinks in the minibar are complimentary, which is a nice touch.

Even though my room was prepaid through Expedia, after I checked out I noticed the hotel charged me again for my stay. After an email I was reimbursed however because I used a foreign credit card I was charged an additional transactional fee from my credit card, I asked them to reimburse the fee but still have yet to hear a response.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback following your recent stay here at Andaz West Hollywood. It is delightful to hear that you felt our staff and the service you received was great; however I am terribly sorry that you experienced inconveniences. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just spent a couple of days at this hotel. I loved it from the first moment--from being greeted in the lobby to check in via iPad to being offered a cold beverage upon my departure. The snacks are free, the service is impeccable, the view is unrivaled and the aroma in the air is delightful. The rooftop pool was hard to leave!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor overlooking the strip.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LRBK
Lin S, General Manager at Andaz West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words regarding your recent stay at Andaz West Hollywood. It is delightful to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our service, the hotel and its amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon!