“Clean, comfortable, good price”

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
A TripAdvisor Member
“Clean, comfortable, good price”
Reviewed March 5, 2005

I would highly recommend this hotel. My trip to L.A. was for medical tests rather than pleasure or business, so I spent alot of time in my hotel room. This hotel was wonderful, especially for the price. The room was clean, everything worked, nothing was in disrepair. I especially appreciated the refrigerator and microwave, both of which were very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Although people in a nearby room were smoking, the door of my room sealed very well, and kept the smoke out. All in all, I have never been happier with a hotel room.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 28, 2005

Had to book a last minute trip to LA and all my "regular" hotels were booked. After reading the glowing reviews of this place, I decided to give it a try. First off, let me say I'm very picky, even a little snobby about where I stay, my usual choices in LA are The Argyle, Standard or The Biltmore. And I believe the old adage "You get what you pay for". This place was WAY better than the price suggests. First, the staff were super nice, not the usual LA attitude. The room overlooked the beautiful pool area with a sweeping view of the city in the background. Flowers were blooming everywhere. The room had huge wooden framed windows that opened wide. The scene reminded me of an Italian villa. The room was large and very clean, decorated nicely. I didn't get to try breakfast, but watched people enjoying it by the pool. I'm so impressed, I will always stay here when I'm in LA for business, which is saying alot because I'm there 2-5 days every other month. Actually, I would stay here for vacation too! You can't beat the location, which is why I usually stay at the Argyle/Standard--not anymore!! Also, a nice touch is that you don't have to pre-pay (booked through Expedia) which is nice when I book several trips in advance. Can't praise this place enough!

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
17 Thank jennifersaint
Reviewed February 15, 2005

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during January 2005.

The hotel is located right next to House of Blues. Opposite, there is a steak house and a hamburger shop (shaped like a subway, very unique!). The Argyle Hotel and Skybar are also located very near by, and there is a laundromat/cleaners within walking distance.

The room itself was OK, it was clean, no complaints on that front. The room that I had included a small fridge and microwave. They have most cable channels, and the TV screen was very large. If you get an executive suite, I believe it opens up into the swimming patio area, which is really nice. The LA times is delivered to your door every day. The breakfast is OK, it's complementary so you really can't complain.

I would recommend that you not get a room on the first floor, as there were times when I could hear people walking up and down on the floor just above me.

I found the service here to be varied, depending on who was at the front desk. Some of the staff didn't seem to really care, whethers others would go out of their way to assist you.

There is a taxi rank right outside, and there is a METRO/DASH bus stop right outside the hotel, and it's about a 5-10 minute bus ride down Sunset Blvd to get within walking distance of Hollywood Blvd. The bus seems to come quite frequently.

The hotel is about a $10 cab ride to the Beverly Centre, and a little bit more to get to the Grove Shopping/Farmers Market.

All in all, my stay at the Best Western Sunset was pleasant enough. It is a little further away from Hollywood Blvd if you don't have a car, so just keep that in mind.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 20, 2005

We were lucky enough to have a friend playing at the House of Blues,so we wanted to be in walking distance.
We've stayed at the Hyatt and the Grafton and they're OK, but the rooms were much nicer and comfortable here.Plus the price was right.
Do yourself a favor and stay here.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2004

Great, very great location, friendly staff, right price and good breakfast. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Nice swimming pool. I definitely recommend it.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed November 18, 2004

We stayed here Nov 11-14 and were quite impressed with this hotel. The rooms are very neat and clean (wait til you see the bathrooms...very nice!!) and the pool area is beautiful. EVERYTHING is nearby...from the Beverly Center to all the hottest night spots!
If ever in LA again this is where I'll stay!

9 Thank Victoria35
Spain
Reviewed November 17, 2004

We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of November and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great location, great value, clean room, friendly staff. The inclusive continental breakfast is basic but adequate. The location couldn´t have been better, a short walking distance to the House of Blues owned by Dan Akroyd & James Belushi (great food, the best steak my husband has ever had, plus live music every evening), the Comedy Store with comedians performing every evening, Mirabelle´s restaurant (the best swordfish I have ever eaten!), the Viper Room owned by Johny Depp and where River Phoenix spent his last evening .....etc.... etc.... Don´t miss the tours which you can book through reception, the City Tour, Movie Stars Homes, the Beaches, etc........ LA traffic is horrendous so we didn´t use our car at all whilst we were there. Thanks to tripadvisor.com and its users´ comments we liked the sound of this hotel and we are really glad we chose to stay there, it made our holiday one to remember.

• Stayed November 2004