The hotel is in very good location with relatively short distance to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. You still need a car to get to most places, even along the Sunset Boulevard as nobody walks in LA. The hotel is equipped with reasonably priced parking garage which is spacious enough to park a large vehicle. You can walk across the street to Saddle Ranch, which is a pretty cool themed restaurant.
Rooms are clean and have been recently remodeled, which is good. However there was a strong smell of chemicals from recent work. We wanted to keep windows open but there was not mosquito net. TV had large selection of channels with description appearing on every channel flip, but no there was no HD broadcast.
Free breakfast had a decent selection but not enough room to seat all guests, which I though was a shortcut by hotel so that less people get free breakfast. I just went across to local Starbucks instead. Rooms had free wireless internet, but signal was very weak, and you needed to sign in every day, which was annoying.
My biggest complaint about the hotel is that it is literally made from plywood. Walls are paper-thin You could hear every step from room above as floor thudded and squeaked and music from room next to you. Best Western invested a lot of money to refurbish this property, but sometimes things need to be brought down and rebuilt, and I think this should have been the case here.
I wanted to stay in a touristy area with easy access to everything, but since I still need to drive everywhere, I don't see the reason to pay premium price for mediocre hotel in the middle of everything. If you want to pay top dollar for location, stay in the Andaz across the street, if you want to save a bit of money, stay in Century City or down town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Best Western, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western West Hollywood
- West Hollywood Best Western
- Best Western Sunset Plaza Hotel