“Terrific”

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed December 16, 2012

With apologies for not posting this before I wanted to say what a great hotel this is. We stayed here mid-October during a ten week trip to Canada and the US and, of the twenty or more hotels, motels and B&Bs we stayed in, this was one of our favourites. It was a delightful oasis in busy LA, well-situated and nicely appointed. We were lucky enough to have a ground floor, poolside room and it was a real pleasure to sit outside to enjoy an evening drink. The breakfast was fine, the pool nice and the parking ideal. The service was typically (we found) American: initially a bit brusque but actually friendly and helpful once you were past that slightly cool front. In fact, we had a nightmare with our hire car and the various reception staff who helped really couldn't have been more sympathetic or helpful: they were terrific.

I thought this was a really nice hotel and I would most certainly recommend it for every aspect. I'm just sorry I didn't take the trouble to post my comments earlier - the staff deserve the accolade.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor, poolside room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeithWW419

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were extremely happy with this hotel & would definitely stay again if in LA. The room was extremely clean and spacious and we found the breakfast more than adequate. We would have loved to have used the pool (which looked lovely) but unfortunately didn't have time.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadine W
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Lucille the receptionist was a lifesaver! I left my phone there and only realised it when I got to Vegas. Not only did she find it, she went out of her way to organise a courier after her working hours so that it would get to me in Vegas before my flight out. This saved me a lot of hassle, time and money, allowing me enjoy the rest of my trip. Breakfast was also very filling and yummy here!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was extremely well appointed with very comfortable beds and spacious bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is very central and close to everything, although walking anywhere is quite a distance. They rely on their cars in LA! excellent Wifi.
My only gripe is the breakfast. You have to use paper plates and plastic cutlery and the food is pretty bad - my choice was to not include the breakfast option but the travel agent did. The coffee was gruesome and was that really bacon os some plastic substitute? there was no healthy option for breakfast apart from a plate of apples. well i usually don't like to take a breakfast option in a hotel and this experience will only re-inforce that view!

But for the price a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

On the nice end of Sunset Strip. Perfect location, across from The Comedy Club, Skybar, and Saddle Ranch. Hop on, hop off tour bus picks up right in front of Comedy Club to take you to Rodeo Drive, Manns Chinese Theatre, Pantages, Grove, etc. Brief walk to high end shopping and cafe dining where stars go to eat :). The hotel itself is safe, clean, large rooms, with beautiful open window view to pool with ivy and old California charm. Hot and cold breakfast served with LA times paper. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my stay here!

Room Tip: Pool view is great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2012

LA is a huge city with a plethora of Hotels and this one is a reasonable option.
Is a nice hotel, with a good situation with some restaurant in walking distance (difficult in LA)

Something you should know:

- The breakfast is enough but not a great breakfast. In addition the breakfast area is small and sometime there is no space.
- We thought (one of the main reasons to choose it) that the parking was included in the room and is not. Is impossible to park in the street.
- The main rooms are pool view. The others, are “wall view” (The wall of the close building)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was very happy with my room at Best Western, there were three of us sharing a room and we had two absolutely huge beds, plenty of space to stretch out even sharing a bed. We had a wonderful view of Downtown LA as well as the beautiful little Mexican style courtyard. Even better, there were waffles for breakfast, can't complain at all!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
#16 of 353 in Los Angeles
Sunset Tower Hotel
Sunset Tower Hotel
#1 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel

Address: 8400 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069-1910 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Sunset Plaza Hotel)
Location: United States > California > West Hollywood > West Hollywood
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in West Hollywood
#5 Family Hotel in West Hollywood
#6 Romantic Hotel in West Hollywood
#11 Business Hotel in West Hollywood
Price Range: $256 - $367 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel 2.5*
A beautiful Mediterranean inspired hotel centrally located between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. Just minutes from famous beaches, Universal Studios and Walk of Fame. Daily sightseeing tours are available from the hotel lobby. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western West Hollywood