“Great location ”

Banana Bungalow West Hollywood
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend visited Banana Bungalow at the beginning of December. It's an excellent location if you want to get out and explore Hollywood and it's surroundings.

We stayed in a private room which had everything we needed. On the small size but we really only used it to sleep. Bathroom inside the room was cleaned and I believe towels changed daily if you needed.

The only negative would be our room backed onto a car park so night times it was quite loud with trucks and cars coming in and out.

Breakfast was simply but again, all we needed and free of charge.

Staff at the hostel were very helpful and knew their way around LA which helped when asking for directions.

If we were staying longer I'd take part in the hostel run activities. They sounded awesome, we just needed early nights to make the most of the day ahead!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was my first time staying at a hostel, and I have to say I'm impressed. My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room. Everything was pretty clean when we arrived. The hostel provides breakfast and while it may not be the most amazing breakfast, it helped us save money. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The hostel has many events and tours, and I'm really happy we participated in a few of them.
If we come back to LA, we're definitely staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Clean comfortable room, staff were very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was included each morning, and on some nights there was free/cheap dinner and alcohol. Free parking was also included. Overall it was excellent value and one of the best hostels I've stayed at in America.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable. Wouldn't write home to Mum about it but it seemed to have a good atmosphere for those wanting to stay longer! I am not sure why you would though LA is not the travellers friend. One major con was the cold showers in the morning, not so fun.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hostel is in a great location in west Hollywood. Close to bus into town, walking distance to Farmers Market which has loads of shops, food, cinema...feels very safe. Lots of Indy clothing, hipster cafes and fabulous deli, Carters....room great value for money. Clean, spacious..would def stay again..

Room Tip: Private room very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

as far as hostels go , this one seems to have a pretty good atmosphere . seems to have gotten a good name for itself . i personally found the man on reception quite rude and unhelpful but then the following day the lady was more than welcoming and pleasant. location is okay .. was really great that the hostel had daily tours which you could book on to. especially the one which pretty much takes you all over the main sights to see when you only have a few days.

i would stay again at the right price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

As you can see by my title , this was my first hostel experience . I stayed in a 8 bed mixed dorm but I found it weird that there was a door to walk into the neighbouring room. So to get in and out of my room I had to walk through another room of people .
Breakfast is good , basic but does the job .
Staff are very helpful and friendly .
The overall location is a bit out of the way so you'll have to catch a bus or train most places you want to go to .
If I stayed here again I would definitely get a private room because the dorm I stayed on was dark and dingy and the bathroom wasn't very clean .

• Stayed November 2013
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Palihotel
Palihotel
#108 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Banana Bungalow West Hollywood? Share your experiences!