“Overrated”

Ranked #1 of 37 Nightlife in West Hollywood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This restaurant bar is overrated because it has no control over how many people are in there, it's crowded and stuffy and people push you all night. It's great for the tourist nevertheless it's not anything to die for. The crowd is not as attractive as you think it would be and the bartenders can be rude. The overall experience is a overly crowded bar and expensive drinks. The original Abby used to be much better back about 10 years ago.

1 Thank BestoftheBestOC

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great gay bar in W hollywood”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This place is awesome. For lunch there is a mixed crowd, lunch / brunch options and great and the bloody mary's are the best i have ever tasted. at night things ramp up a few levels but they manage to retain a friendly easy going vibe. no attitude here. just good times.

Visited January 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The bartenders r beautiful.”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have been to this spot many times. I am always happy to see my favorite bartender . His name is Chris. He is not only friendly , but also helpful if u need a taxi or a helpful hand to direct you to a close hotel. U will need this info due to the fact they pour the strongest drinks I have ever had. I suggest u look for him and tip hip large. He is great!

2 Thank Kellyjogood
Chicago, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Terrific Breakfast & Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My daughter and I came out to California to look at Graduate Schools in Los Angeles and stopped at this place for breakfast. She told me how a lot of famous people she likes have been there, so she wanted to experience it too.

Let's just say, I was not disappointed. The server we had was hilarious & a sweetheart. The food couldn't of gotten any better. The patio we sat on had great vibes and an excellent atmosphere. I cannot wait to visit LA again and go back to this wonderful place!

Visited September 2010
1 Thank KBRSmith
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We loved the Abbey, the place, the atmosphere, the food, the cakes, the drinks...I'm still missing the Yardbird sandwich and apple pie now!! Get dessert here if it's all you get!

This place has such a lovely atmosphere and feel about it, we struggled to go anywhere else.

The service was a bit lacking at times, we had one great waiter and one that practically got every single thing we ordered wrong and despite doing his best to be over friendly he just couldn't remember anything!

Saying that though, the other waiter was superb, I wish I knew his name but it was the one with fairly long hair tied back.

We were obviously tourists here and it's obviously a popular local place but we were made to feel welcome and didn't feel out of place at all.

It's true, the drinks are expensive but it's almost worth it to just be in the place.

I just loved it!