“Tasty Indian Food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: one block east of Doheny Drive
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The place feels like it was a mexican restraunt but is good Indian food...not pricey...parking can be a challange...sitting outside...

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was in town for a week to visit friends in LA. We ate at this restaurant. The food was not bad. I ordered the Tandoori Chicken and Garlic Nam. They were tasty. But what I like about this place is the ambience, music and the service. The waitress who waited on us was very friendly which made my visit enjoyable.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Having lived in London for several years and having so many great Indian food options there, I am always looking for good Indian food in the US. Well, look no further! The food here is authentic and as good as anywhere in London and that's no mean feat. I am not going to go overboard and say it is as good as it is back home in India but it is certainly up at the top. The price was reasonable, the ambiance pleasant and the food quantity and quality was exceptional. It's a long trek from where I live but I am certainly going back again and again!

Reviewed December 28, 2011

the ambiance was good. the re was low seating which was good.
the food food was good.
They have vallet parking as aitis situated on a busy road

Reviewed November 2, 2011

On Halloween parade night, My friends and I thought we would go here for some drinks, as it was the only place we could sit (all other bars/restaurants being occupied). furthermore, My connection with India, having lived there and travelled so much around the country, my friends thought it would be nice to go. One of my friends, a local in the area, goes there often, but only for some drinks, as he mentioned before we entered: "The food is not worth coming for, but it's in the area and good enough for a few drinks and cosiness" .

I ordered a mango lassi, which was fine- no complaints. however after I wanted a Masala tea, the basic in an Indian kitchen. Upon arrival, I found the tea very thin, with a rather weird taste. I asked the waiter politely in Hindi, what kind of Masala (spice) was in the tea (-could be I was tasting a new kind of spice, I did not recognise.) The answer I received was: : It's Masala!-It's a Masala tea, so there is just Masala in. I then said, that it tasted a bit weird (really it tasted as if made on dirty water!). The waiter then told me in Hindi: " Well, that's how it is, and you can drink t it or not, but you STILL have to pay for it!"
I was surprised, as I never mentioned the payment. I had just had a sip and would definitely not have it with that taste. I expected he, would either offer a new tea or scrap it off the bill and take it away. Surprised by this statement I told my friends what he had just said. They were surprised too. I think our talk was heard by the owner ( who I believe is the bother of the waiter) He then came over with a new tea saying he had heard there was a problem with the tea. I took the new one (-since I was going to pay anyway!!!!) it was better, but still not a great tea. That says a lot about their kitchen. Something so simple...I wonder what kind of tea they drink themselves...Perhaps pre-made Indian Masala tea???????

My friend had some Nan too, They looked half done and too thick to be called Nans -they should name them Kulchas
Sorry for the negative feedback. I was just soo shocked and hope they change or change the name of their restaurant as they give such BAD PR to Indian food! I guess for someone not in the know, this maybe fine....
Apart from the rude waiter, (who keept giving me the evil eyes throughout later), the rest of the staff seemed pleasant though. But Mr Rude was enough to ruin a rather lovely evening at the Parade.

2  Thank MissyG453