“Staff stealing from customers!”
Review of Bar Marmont

Bar Marmont
Ranked #140 of 439 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was there last night after a corporate dinner at Chateau Marmont. When the bar closed I forgot a bag containing two gifts from the host. I came back to the bar within 10 minutes and the staff had already taken the contents (where we were seated meant we were the last customers to leave). Even after offering them $100 for the goods the theif still would not return them.

2  Thank pkchewy

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I did my research on this one. We went in September and I have always wanted to go to Hotel Marmont. I once went for lunch and was turned away on the driveway as they were closed for a private function. This time, I called weeks in advance and spoke to a person at the hotel who told me the tables in the hotel were not the best place to dine and I was better off down the hill at Bar Marmont. They were not wrong. Awesome!

Had a Rabbit starter, husband's old school roast chicken for main was amazing, and dessert and drinks didn't disappoint either. The service was attentive, and although there were some real characters there at the next tables, it really added to the experience. Star spotting wasn't bad either.

When the bill came, it was cheap by our night-out standards at just over $150, we loved it! Definitely plan to return.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Fun place to go after dinner for drinks. Try the Welcome to Hollywood dessert if you like chocolate or something else, you will get a laugh and it is yummy.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stopped in on a Sunday night. Though we didn't meet the dress code standards, the door men were extremely polite and let us come in for a drink. Our server was great. She had a table of high rollers who were definitely going to run up a bigger tab than we were and she still treated us like valued guests. The place isn't cheap- had a $17 martini and it was worth every penny.

1  Thank woodyjune
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The deserts here are to die for. If you have a love affair with chocolate you have to try their chocolate cake.

1  Thank MarketingDiva