“Inexpensive - Delicious Indian Food”
Review of Gate of India

Gate of India
Ranked #218 of 442 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Description: As the premiere Indian restaurant in Hollywood, we serve delicious, authentic North Indian cuisine at Gate of India! We pride ourselves on using the best ingredients available to achieve the authentic Indian flavors that you crave. Guests rave about our classic Chicken Tikka Masala, Coconut Curry Shrimp, and vegetarian-friendly Vegetable Korma. Or ask about our many vegan items! Why choose between quality and quantity? At Gate of India, our dishes are piled high with delicious our delicious cuisine. Whether you're dining in, picking up take out, or enjoying our catering, Gate of India looks forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed November 10, 2011

During our stay in LA, due to extensive travelling we used to get tired and were unable to venture out to have food. On the first day itself I searched the web and called these people to deliver the food. The delivery was done within 30 mins and the food was delicious. Honestly, initially I had thought to try out the taste at various restaurants but due to quick delivery, inexpensive cuisine and overall mouthwatering dishes, I dropped the idea.
During our stay we ordered only at this place.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Wow, this place wonderful. Situated in a small strip small with hardly no parking, this place is a gem. The waiters are very helpful in making suggestions. Once the food arrives first your nose will awaken your senses with this aroma of spices and then you taste it! Wow! Singing tastebuds!! The Tikka Masala with chicken, delishhhh, naan is warm, crispy yet soft, and the curry is spicy not overwhelming. You can order it extra spicy! For Indian cuisine don't miss this place!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great atmosphere, and awesome cuisine!!!
I went there during my visit in Los Angeles... the restaurant on Sunset boulevard, close to everything you should see in L.A.
The waiters are really helpful and kind and the dishes are abundant and simply delicious.
Prices are low and quality is absolutely high!
If you like Indian cuisine, I strongly suggest you this place!!!

1  Thank Seventhsign
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great atmosphere, and awesome cuisine!!!
The waiters are really helpful and kind and the dishes are simply delicious.
Low prices and high quality.
Suggested!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Gate of India is a wonderful find. In a corner shopping area, you wouldn't know by looking that it's so fantastic, but it is. The food is consistently delicious and reasonably priced, and the lunch special is just plain cheap! You won't believe the amount of food you get - I always have leftovers to take home. Today I had their saag paneer, which comes with a fresh green salad (or soup), fluffy basmati rice, the side-dish of the day (today it was lovely curried veggies) and naan bread. All that for under eight dollars! My friend had the chicken Tikka Masala and made yummy sounds through the entire meal. I don't eat meat, so I can't comment on those dishes. The waiters are friendly about special requests, and ask how you want your food cooked - from mild to spicy. It's more money for dinner, like every other place in L.A., but still a good deal because the quality is so high and the prices are still reasonable. Lunch or dinner, you really can't go wrong. Free parking. I drive a long way to eat here. It's always worth it.