“Amazing for vegans & meat eaters!”
Review of Kung Pao Bistro

Kung Pao Bistro
Ranked #103 of 448 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had the pleasure of dining here this past weekend. I'm a meat eater but my friend is a vegan. I tried some of the vegan options and couldn't tell the difference ! Tasty, portions are huge. Prices are great Very very impressed! My vegan friend loved it too. Noticed that it has great Zagat ratings for past 10 years too!

1  Thank AskEileen

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This place takes bookings, which is convenient. The food is quite plain, but nice, and the prices are very reasonable. The staff are friendly. Probably the best place for Chinese food in West Hollywood.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was a regular - as in 2-3 times a week - at Kung Pao Bistro in the early Aughts when I was in college. It was brand new when I first moved down the street on Norton and my then-roommate recommended it. The food was truly fantastic for what it was, the prices were amazing and the service was good. The co-owner and person who ran the restaurant at the time was Simon, an immigrant from Hong Kong who cared about his customers and worked hard. I would walk in and they knew what I wanted - Kung Pao chicken, extra spicy, broccoli in place of mushrooms and brown rice. They would refill your rice bowl for free and the all white meat chicken was both healthy and delicious. Back then, it would have been a clear 5, and a 10 if I could give it that many.

Fast forward, Simon is gone and the place isn't what it once was. Its still an OK value and the food is still very good (the chef/main owner is very talented and developed amazing, timeless recipes), but the service just isn't there anymore and they seem to be much more into nickel and diming. Too bad.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went here with family because husband wanted Chinese food on the way home. So good that we will probably return soon. There were so many vegan choices on menu our DIL had had a hard time choosing, Her Robot "chicken" was delicious, even the meat eaters liked it. Appetizers were yummy and our shared main dishes were gobbled up. Restaurant is next to Whole Foods and parking lot is busy. The place seems very clean and the staff are very pleasant.

Although dishes probably weren't "authentic".Chinese food, we really enjoyed them, and we stayed full, even after an hour...

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The other night I had a craving for Walnut Shrimp and remembered (back 10 years ago when I lived in West Hollywood,) that this place had the BEST Walnut Shrimp I had ever tasted. So I went way across town to hopefully enjoy it again. The staff is very nice and attentive. And although I had a momentary panic attack when I did not see "Walnut Shrimp" on the menu, I asked the waitress if they still had it and she pointed it out to me. They renamed it "Twinkle Walnut Shrimp" but it is still DELICIOUS! And they don't skimp on the shrimp. I wish they had a location in downtown L.A.