“Holy Sea Scallops!”

The Restaurant at Mondrian
Ranked #84 of 439 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Olive
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Chef Stephen.....awesome! We loved the Scallops, I can't put into words how delicious they were....we ate them slowly so they would last just a little bit longer.

1  Thank Rick S

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I spent the weekend at Mondrian for friend birthday celebration, we decided to grab dinner on Saturday night at Asia de Cuba, I made prior reservation via opentable and we were seated as soon as we arrived. I requested Window patio seat upon making this reservation and my request was Granted.

Amazing night view of La La land while sipping on some bubbly begun my experience for this place beautifully. I loved our waiter.....he was super fun with great sense of humor and knowledgable with menu.

We ordered few starters and one entree to share:

First order: Calamari Salad
Calamari, chayote, hearts of palm, banana, cashews, chicory and radicchio, sesame- orange dressing. Fantastic dish.....such a great combination and great balance of flavors.

Second order: Spicy Hamachi And Plantain Threads key lime and shallot, shiso
Hamachi was so tasty and not too spicy. Perfecto....

Main dish: Pan Seared Ahi Tuna served rare with wasabi mashed potatoes and crunchy peas, cilantro chimichurri sauce
This dish was large enough to satisfy me and my friend. Lots of fresh ahi Tuna seared served raw and I liked the combinstion of mashed potato with rare tuna so yummy.

Service was spotless and extremely prompt. Overall a great experience yet expensive but worth it.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

4th of July evening we dined with family at Asia de Cuba. With a view of Hollywood and Los Angeles, and fireworks, we enjoyed one of the best meals ever. Expect to pay a bit more but it is well worth it! This was special get together, so it was a bit of a celebration. The appetizers, (duck, short rib dumplings) were outstanding. The portions are large enough to share. We also savored seared scallops, black beans, and after a variety of desserts. Wait staff were excellent and knowledgeable.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We only had breakfast here, as we were staying at the hotel, but it was great. The service was exceptional - very friendly and easy-going.

The food was quality and the coffee was good. We ordered eggs benedict and changed the "Canadian" bacon with spinach and smoked salmon. The hollandaise was made with a touch of smokiness, which was unusual and very tasty.

On another morning we ordered omelettes and they were also very good.

I wouldn't drive to the hotel to eat breakfast here, but if you're staying at the hotel, it's definitely a worthwhile option as the food and service are both quite good.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Asia De Cuba one of my favorite Restourants in the Hollywood area. Everything is on the menu so delicious! Great view of the Hollywood! Its a little bit on the higher price point, but the experience worth it!