“Great food”

The Restaurant at Mondrian
Ranked #74 of 433 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Olive
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Mondrian so just had to eat in the restaurant and glad we did. Everything was perfect

Visited September 2012

London
“Very Pricy for mediocre food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I promise I will self-combust if one of their pretentious waiters looks at me and says "Do you *understand* our dining concept" ever. Coming from London where dining "concepts" tend to originate and having eaten at Asia De Cuba in St Martins many times, I found the food here poorly cooked, and the service patronising. The food is ridiculously overpriced for what it is and a word to the restaurant - I *do* get the concept, I just think it is poorly executed. Call me old fashioned, but I think the best "concepts" are where the service is good and the food is outstanding. Everything else is spin....

Visited April 2012
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food was great. It is defiantly on the pricer side but it's damn good. Recommended - Salmon ceviche, scallops to start. Entree - must try the short ribs.
Not quite in my budget other than special occasions but I will be back!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Everything was delicious”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice restaurant in a nice hotel. It was not too busy the time we were there so getting a table was not a problem. The tables further back in the restaurant has great and romantic panorama view. We ordered an array of appetizers and main course to share and everything was delicious. The mojitos was fantastic and came in a good size glass jar which made it even better. Service was excellent. Overall it was a wonderful dinner.

Los Angeles, California
“HORROR! NOT RECOMMENDED!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked a table for 10:30, NYE and arrived there punctually. After 1:50 hours waiting and many complains, we were seated. No waiter would approach us to take our orders and it was almost midnight. Had to complain AGAIN with the manager and then, only then, we were served and he sent us a bottle of champagne.
Nevertheless, it was too late. It was already midnight, I was not hungry anymore and I was in a horrible mood too. Actually, I wanted to leave but my husband decided to stay since we wouldn't have another place to have dinner at that time. He ate and said food was ok. By the end of the night, they did not charge us.
I appreciate the manager's effort to make things better BUT it did not help. We had a VERY late dinner on NYE, the restaurant was already empty (we were the last ones to leave), chairs on tables and two of us seated there in a bad mood. How can you seat someone for a 5 courses menu at midnight??
We LOVE the restaurant in London and since we moved to LA we were sure that this would be one of our favorite places. WRONG! I do NOT recommend this place.
Apart of everything I said, I have to mention that the place was very noisy, messy. While waiting we had some champagne and the barman asked us to serve it on a normal wine glass because there were no more appropriate glasses. I gave up on my drink until he found one glass for me: WARM!! It would be funny if not sad. :)
Unprepared staff, lack of consideration with clients, standard food. There are thousands of better places to go in West Hollywood.