“Awesome food and Service”
Review of Katana

Katana
Reserve with OpenTable
Katana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 439 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Cienega
Description: Katana is an extraordinary beautiful Japanese restaurant serving Robata, a form of Japanese tapas, traditional sushi, and a unique variety of Japanese cuisine. There is a Robata and sushi bar, and spectacular patio dining overlooking Sunset Strip.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant has the best food and service! I had spicy tuna on a crispy rice cake and kobe beef and scallops on a skewer that was so yummy! Perfect location in the heart of Hollywood on Sunset Blvd. For desert we had a chocolate kona souffle with vanilla ice cream, it was wow! This is a must go to. There is outside patio seating with heaters, sushi bar and regular dining.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had dinner with my husband and friends at katana. We had a nice table indoors and a great waiter. We ordered enough food for a medium size Thanksgiving meal and gobbled up every bit of it. It was all delicious, drinks were smooth and the atmosphere was very Hollywood, in a good way.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Moody and cool interior filled with A grade celebs and model type people, I found the people watching more fun than the food. Maybe it was all the beautiful people that made me lose focus, but the food seemed heavy and over-cooked (I didn't try the sushi). A little bit pricey for the fayre, but great for voyeurism and being seen if that's your cup of tea.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Really beautiful food - would recommend sitting at the bar and watching it being made. Visit enhanced by my fellow diner seeing Dr Dre - her lifelong hero. Glamorous but not at the expense of the food.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you’re looking to dine with Stars by the likes of Richard Branson, Katana is the destination to be. It is one of the best Asian sushi restaurants in the whole of West Hollywood. This place is so great that I’m going to start by saying this, Book in advance, because the popularity of this place is un-imaginable, it get so full, so quickly and you get to eat amongst celebrities. This is what LA is all about! Fantastic atmosphere, the food was amazingly fresh and tasty. Sashimi, sushi rolls, skewers, Yellowtail Fresca, Chilean sea bass that just melts in your mouth, Lobster roll, white lotus roll and I can go on and on. I am actually craving it right this very moment. I really did enjoy myself, the restaurant is so beautiful and the set up is outstanding with a live DJ to lively up the evening. Great experience, which I can recommend to anyone, you will definitely not to be disappointed. But do keep in mind that this place is a knocker on the budget, with its luxurious building and elite guests. This is one place I would recommend for a great experience.

1  Thank myweets