“Absolutely Stunning Food!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: 1 block North of Beverly Blvd
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited here with my friend in July 2013.

The concierge at the Sofitel recommended I come here for a great Italian meal.

I visited here with a friend and we rocked up without a reservation on a Thursday afternoon.

The little restaurant seems very warm, welcoming and covered in plants from the outside. The staff were very friendly and attentive and incredibly well informed about the food on offer and their menu.

The menu is quite substantial and there is great variety as well. What I was after was not on the menu in the one dish but spread across a few. So the waitress told me she can get the chef to merge these dishes into the one for me! EPIC!

The owner of the restaurant was mingling with the various patrons there and was talking food and wine and olive oil. He even came over to our table with a sample of their signature pasta in lemon zest and pomegranate sauce. This is without a doubt the best thing I have ever tasted! This was complimentary as well!

We ordered one starter to share which was a good portion, some bubbles and a main each. The food was exquisitely prepared and presented so very well.

I ordered the Tiramisu for desert and they gave us a martini glass full of soft Belgian chocolate mousse on the house to thank us for dining there! HOW incredible!

We dined there for about 90 minutes and the entire bill with tip was USD $150.00

Great food, great service, great location and great price!

I really wish I could go there again today!

2  Thank ForsakenDemiGod

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had dinner with friends last week at this L.A. bistro & ordered pasta with vegetables which I simply loved. I had them make it with olive oil, & garlic & added some Parmesan cheese. While the restaurant is not what I'd consider inexpensive the pasta was well priced The restaurant gets an older well dressed crowd with a sprinkling of well known celebrities but if you're looking for a young crowd this is not the place. Everyone seemed to know each other so I expect it is a watering spot for many Angelino's.
The service is good & the bread is crispy & delicious. I will definitely return!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I'm coming out of a brief, so-called retirement from reviewing to tell you about my dinner last night (like you give a s***, right?).

By way of update, I've had some excellent meals in New York, Chicago, London, Paris, Kansas City, Toronto, San Francisco, Seattle since my last review. However, none of them inspired me like Il Piccolino.

I'm not sure whether it was the dover sole, white asparagus soup, special pasta creation, perfect wine list, impeccable service or old Hollywood glamor that shot me through the heart with inspiration. I

mean, it was all perfect. Even the well-dressed Hollywood elders seemed to be caught in a some sublime Il Piccolino trance.

3  Thank Hendrix B
Reviewed May 18, 2013

OMG, we just ate one of the best meals ever this side of Italy at Il Piccolino in West Hollywood. And we're not kidding. My mate and I dine all over the world on land and at sea and we know our food. And so, apparenty, do the the many regular, well-heeled patrons of this West Hollywood trattoria/fine dining venue.
It's open all day, the service is amazing and the co-owner Silvio de Moro (with Eddie Kerkhofs, who many industry types know from Le Dome) is not only charming and Italian debonaire, but an expert on food and wine.
Today for lunch Silvieo served served us a green asparagus soup made with truffles and fresh porcini carpacco truffles that was an aprodisiac, we moved on to a Patron (tequila) marinated salmon loin (the back end) with dill, chives, salmon roe and tuna conserve sauce that left my taste buds tingling. From there Silvio temped us with fresh tortelloni mushrooms with Russian cavair that you can't begin to believe unless you tasted it. Then came risotto Modena with aged shaved Grana Padana and 20 year old Balsamic vinegar. I mean can you believe this?
After this came a Piemontese tartare salmon roes with garlic crumbs, a Dove sole with fresh porcini and well, eat your hearts out, an aged Colorado Tomahawk San Marzano steak.
We died and went to foodie heaven. But not before the most amazing chocolate mousse you ever put in your mouth.
Okay, I may be a bit biased as we have followed Silvio through many of his restaurants, but each one was as good as the last, and this one's seven years old and going strong with a constant clientele, like the woman and her husband seated next to us today, who are weekly regulars.
Ladies, gentlemen and anyone who loves top quality cuisine, this is your restaurant. It deserves six or more star, I kid you not. This reviewer dines all over the world and throughout Los Angeles. Il Piccolino prides itself on buying the best and alas because of that prices are high but evinced by the showing at lunch today nobody cares because the people who go there go for the food. The ambiance is lovely as is the setting which includes gorgeous tables set with fresh flowers, and he service is always top-notch (this is our umpteen visit), the wine list too inviting and interesting.
We have all compliments and no complaints, save that the chefs do tend to over-salt, so do request either no salt or light on the salt depending on your taste. Otherwise you will really be amazed to find this type of Italian cuisine in the middle of Los Angeles.

1  Thank Pattithediva P
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This little restaurant is owned by Silvio and Eddy and is one of the best places to go in West Hollywood, CA. The ambiance reminds one of a small restaurant in Rome, in my opinion. I recommend the mussels or the pasta caviar. The wine list is adequate ( not like the one Eddy had when he owned Le Dome ). The food is excellent. The staff is attentive. They might be pricey, but I could care less. It is worth it !

1  Thank Richard William G