“Great comedy in a tight room”
Review of Laugh Factory

Hollywood and Beverly Hills Bike Tour
Manchester, Connecticut
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great comedy in a tight room”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Overall it was a great experience and I laughed more there than any comedy show I've ever seen on TV. Tim Allen was a riot and so was the host! I felt like I was at the white version of Def Comedy Jam.

Pros:
- there's not a bad seat in the house
- plenty of parking ($7) assuming you show up early and same price for valet parking
- didn't have to wait long...for 8pm show we got in around 7:40
- $20 to see the quality of comedy of Tim Allen is great (+ 2 drink minimum- any kind of drink)

Cons
- the seating is very tight & sardinesque- if you are big or wide it will be a uncomfortable and will probably be very acquainted with the stranger on your left - they pack 'em in like hot dogs.
- the drinks/food are expensive but no different than what you would spend at the movies
- it was so dark in there during the main act I couldn't even see the wings I was eating- they tasted good but could have looked like Tanzanian gorilla knuckles.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank NewEnglandTraveler11

Reading, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We happened to get tickets when Dane Cook performed. We had 10 o'clock tickets and upgraded to VIP (which I would recommend for $10 extra). I guess they didn't have a 12 o'clock show that night because the comedians just kept coming out. We finally got up and left at 1AM because we were exhausted from laughing so much and there were comedians still coming on. It was a great night,well worth the money and the added VIP cost!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank katyhotr
Inland Empire - So. Cal.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Late Night Laugh Factory Fun”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

If you're wondering which Los Angeles area comedy club to visit the Laugh Factory is THE place to be. Sets by comedians such as Dane Cook and Chris D'elia are delivered with hilarity in an intimate casual atmosphere. Since there is only a single stage guests get to taste various flavors of humor from rising comedic stars to established shining stars. It's also an affordable way to enjoy an evening in Hollywood. I'd recommend spending the few extra dollars to buy VIP tickets because you get into the club 45 mins. prior to general admission ticket holders, are assured a seat and get to relax in the upstairs lounge until the show begins. I prefer to go on Saturday nights to the 10pm show because you get to stay through the midnight show at no additional charge. Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or indeed person at the box office.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wish I had read the fine print, total rip off”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The good: The comedians were hilarious. We went on a Saturday night to the all star show, and it was an extremely entertaining show.

The bad: Despite this, I felt completely ripped off by the end of the night. Make sure you read the fine print, if I had I would have picked another show. I went with my boyfriend and the tickets were $15 each. Not to bad. But upon completing my purchase I saw that each person had a 2 drink minimum. Looking at the menu, I was completely appalled by how much I would end up spending for this experience. Neither of us were in the mood for alcohol in the first place, so we ordered two hot chocolates and two water bottles, the total cost of this was $18. But when we got our bill we had been charged $24. Turns out not only is there a 2 drink minimum but a cost minimum as well. Because there are other great comedy clubs without these restrictions we will NOT be back unless we have free tickets.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank zbosherow
Los Angeles, California
“Great comedy; legendary location”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been to the Laugh Factory several times. Heard Rodney Dangerfield once and more recently Tim Allen in addition to lesser known comedians. Learned that the building was once owned by the Marx Bros. who hand their offices upstairs and the club downstairs. The owner, Jamie Masada is legendary in Hollywood, winner of a national humanitarian award, gives dying children their last wishes, feeds the homeless on the holidays, opening up the place as a soup kitchen. He also does stuff with young people from tougher areas of the city--teaching them comedy and offering another view of life.

As I've gotten to know the place, I'm sort of amazed at what it represents--Hollywood with values(!). ...It even closes down on Jewish holidays and opens up as a synagogue(?!)

The experience? Well the comedy depends on who's in the line-up of comedians and how "on" they are that night. But in general, Laugh Factory presents some of the best comedy to be had.

I've been there 4 or 5 times. The waitresses were friendly, helpful and not pushy. The owner was at the door greeting guests. I liked that. ...I'll go back again--especially if I have an out-of-town guest. It's a really fun place to go. Oh, parking can be tough--it's the Sunseet Strip! The best bet is to use their valet parking.

Visited September 2012