Chateau Marmont
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$330
$289
  • Breakfast included
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
$293
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $325/night.

Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
$395
$336
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$269
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $325/night.

Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$200
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$390
$369
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $487/night.

Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$261
$216
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $267/night.

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$339
$231
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$234
$200
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

Montrose West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$247
$198
Official Website
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

All reviewsbar marmontthe cottageshollywood historywalls could talkold school charmmain buildingpeople watchinglarge living roomjunior suitemovie starshollywood feelfull kitchenhollywood experiencefour seasonshotel barspent nightslos angeles
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This experience cannot be beat. We came for a 40th birthday celebration and it was the best girls' trip we have ever had. The terrace and bar are fun and there are lots of star sightings. The rooms are old but what charm and ambiance. It is quiet, beautiful, and happening all at the same time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Judging from the wildly negative but also jubilant reviews here, staying at the Chateau Marmont seems a bit like going to a Bob Dylan concert: there may be glimpses of genius but it might just as well end in a depressing disaster...
I don't doubt the sincerity of most reviewers, but I'm surprised at the intensity of some of them lashing out at the Chateau. What misery! Some derogatory comments about phony wannabes and loud tourists detroying this 'once great place', remind me of the criticism of "selling out" directed at the rock and roll counterculture once it went 'mainstream'.
Maybe such strong emotions are the fate of a cultural landmark such as the Chateau, mired as it is in the mythology of Hollywood and the highs and lows of celebrity culture.
As for my own experience (but note, I'm just a tourist): it was one of pending disaster turning into absolute bliss, purely thanks to the graciousness of the Chateau staff.
We were checked into room 28 by the (very friendly) concierge on duty and were delighted by the suite, including the "old" and retro furniture, stove and tub. Also, everything from wifi to kitchen utensils seemed to be working fine..
That is, until the bathroom in the suite above us started to leak, after a noisy but unsuccesfull try at plumbing. And you know, when it rains in southern California, man, it pours... Within minutes the bathroom in our suite had become soaked and unfit to use.. That was a bit too retro even for us, who had by then already fallen in love with the grungy atmosphere of the Chateau.
But the darkest hour is, truly, right before the dawn. Without any complaiming or ado, the staff upgraded us to one of the penthouses! Staying the night there, looking out over Sunset, was... well, what can I say, a lifetime experience for us, humble but discerning tourists...
Thank you, Tony!
We also dined in the patio, chatted with concierges, visited the bar and pool... No bad experiences at all, at any time. And hey, we drove up in a Ford Escape..!
By the way, our change of rooms was so swift, that I forgot one of my suits in the closet of our old room. Needing it for a conference (I may be a tourist, but I'm a working tourist) we called in a day after we checked out and yes, the suit turned up safe and sound (I guess it enjoyed the room and wanted to stay over) and we picked it up once we were back in LA. Again, staff was very kind and helpful all the way through, adding much to the overall experience.
So, what's the deal at the Chateau? All I can say, is: as Bob Dylan concerts go, for us this one was a smashing success. Unforgettable.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sjoerdd d
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Love this property, I live in LA but every so often I splurge and stay for the weekend. Never fails to enchant me. Just on busy Sunset Blvd but once through the doors you are transported back to old Hollywood. Always love to have a drink in the small bar next to the concierge...the whole place is great, if you are visiting LA and don't stay there, make sure you have a look.

Room Tip: Not the strip view if you want peace but the view is great..you can sleep when you get back home..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank barking1RedondoBeach
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I grew up reading tales of what happened at Chateau Marmont and it had been a dream of mine to visit since a teenager. Staying there was on the bucket list for me. I spent a week in one of the Garden Cottages and loved my time at the hotel, other friends had told me that it can sometimes be noisy in the main hotel, but the cottages were quaint and comfortable. The cottage had a wonderful old fashioned kitchen that meant I could self cater when I wanted (not all the time, the fries were amazing on room service) and a private street entrance in addition to the entrance through the main hotel / pool area, making it feel more like home than a hotel.

The location is great, midway between the city and the beach. Unlike 99% of guests I had no car and found the buses easy to all major destinations although I also took the pleasant walk down to Beverly Hills a couple of times. You can also walk to Trader Joes (5 mins) and Whole Foods (15 mins) if you fancy and there are a couple of good pubs nearby but you'll probably want at least one drink in the bar for star spotting!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sevendialsgirl
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I see people discussing the tourists, but it is still a hot spot for locals. I stayed at the Marmont with my two dogs for an unexpected stay. I had an enormous junior suite, complete with kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. The old school decor is chic but subdued, and you cannot get this much space for the price anywhere in Hollywood. The lobby is still very fun for meetings, drinks and people-watching, and the staff is excellent. I invited friends over to sit by the pool for the afternoon, and we had a lovely, low-key afternoon. My dogs and I felt safe and sound. I'm a local to Hollywood. Those in the know still stay at the Marmont. Have breakfast in the garden, it's gorgeous.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo