“Great Greasy Spoon”

Neighborhood: Hollywood
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Greasy Spoon”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pretty classic, you are able to order anything from hot dogs to gyros, french fries to soup. All in heart stopping goodness. Located a block from Paramount Studios.

Visited July 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Awesome burgers!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

On our honeymoon we visited LA. On our way back from Griffiths Observatory one night we popped in to see what they had to offer. My wife is vegetarian & they had loads she could choose from but she had a garden burger & I had a bacon cheeseburger, fries & drinks. It was cooked quickly, everything was correct & it tasted amazing. I've eaten at Shake Shack, Gorden Ramsey's Burgr place in Vegas, all over, this was the tastiest burger ever. Totally recommend it. Also the little jukeboxes on the tables are a great idea & the Googie styled diner is inviting & laid back. Loved it.

• Visited May 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great place for our breakfast!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We went a bit early for our Paramount tour and couldn't get in yet. We asked the guard for his recommendation for a good breakfast place that was nearby and he told us to go to AstroBurger. It was fantastic, authentic and the staff was friendly.

Visited July 2012
Ontario's Near North, Canada
“A late night, non chain option”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A blast from the early 70s for sure. They do a huge drive-in business here and the food is really quite good. The restaurant is super clean and the staff are very friendly. On our recent visit we shared soft drinks, greek salad, sweet potato fries and a grilled cheese sandwich. Total cost? Just $25.00. Really, a late night bargain when you have the munchies on Melrose Avenue in Hollywood!

• Visited December 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good Breakfast, Great Burgers, World Class Apple Pie”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

On a business trip to LA, I needed a breakfast spot close to my meeting. Driving around, I saw this place, stopped for a breakfast, (bacon and egg sandwich), and enjoyed it so much, I went back for dinner (noon in the South). The breakfast sandwich was just that: fresh fried eggs, with crispy bacon, between two slices of wheat bread, with fresh tomatos, and lettuce, and real mayo (not the substitute). Tasty. And filling. Went back for dinner, got the double cheeseburger, same result: great burger, fresh veggies, and almost more than I could eat (nearly). Saw the notice of "homemade apple pie", and tried that too. It's the real deal folks, with homemade crust, fresh apples, and just a good as anything Granny ever made. World class, really. So, I like this place, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a downhome diner type place with way above average food. I'll patronize them again anytime I'm in LA. Hope you do, too. And you really should try a slice of Apple Pie, even if its verboten on your diet. We all deserve to be bad sometime, and being bad by having a piece of pie this good cancels out the badness. I think. Or something like that. Enjoy.

• Visited December 2011