“Nice beer tasting menu with fun appetizers”
Review of The Federal

The Federal
Ranked #112 of 442 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really liked the craft beer selection on tap and the tasting option. Had some great tuna tartar but the portion was stingy. Had another appetizer with same deal.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The setting Gastropub - exposed brick, copper accents, dark wood, interior is vintage look and eclectic staff. This is where Virgie (my best friend( and I ended our whirlwind day In Hollywood.

Little Bit (my daughter) had got off work and looked POOPED! We decided to get something to eat quickly so Virg could start on her ride back up to BFE (otherwise known as "Victorville" :) LOL

Arrived around 5:30pm, were seated immediately and Katie our server recommeded Lemon Drops Martini's which were the BOMB! and Christyl was going to try the Blueberry Pomegranate Martini but it was to strong for her and she had to work early today... so she whelched and had a Shirley Temple instead hehehe

I had a *Angry Chicken Sammie" AWESOME! Little Bit had grilled cheese and Basil Tomato soup OMG!! I could eat that crack all day LONG! and Virg had a burger... I think, not sure because by the time I looked up her plate didn't have any remnants of ANYTHING LMAO so I think that was a WINNER!

Service was wonderful and the desserts are creative and sound delicious we got the Lemon Curd Cheesecake... I think I would have liked it better with like a Raspberry Strawberry Coulis or a Rhubarb-Strawberry Sauce accenting the dish but I'M NOT THE Chef so it was what it was. Parking is metered on the street or you could park behind the 24 hour Fitness covered free parking or the Valet parking that is offered behind the actual restaurant.

When my boyfriend returns for a visit in December I plan on dropping in here for some tasty cocktails and scrumptious delights!! =}

Respectfully Reviewed

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went for a band that played in the upstairs lounge area but had a bite at the bar downstairs before. We wished we’d taken more time to sit down at a table and try out the actual service. What we had was fantastic! The bartender was friendly and gave great service, the food was the best, the environment was rich – we had the best evening… need I say more? Plus – there is parking. How much better could it possibly get?

Reviewed July 31, 2012

What a surprise! I passing by I had this place pegged as a bar/club. It is. But, it has a pub at the front with a really interesting and very, very tasty menu. Good appetizers and fantastic burgers. Far from a pub menu, there were too many interesting things to choose from. Nice selection of local beers and a nice relaxed ambience. What a gem.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great atmosphere in a historic bank building. The menu is limited, but the food is excellent. The burgers are juicy and substantial, and the fries are addictive. Get there in time for the happy hour specials!
(Note: The Federal Bar is in North Hollywood, not West Hollywood, and the zip code is 91601)