“Rock and Roll History in the air”
Review of Whiskey-a-Go-Go

Whiskey-a-Go-Go
Book In Advance
$99.00*
Best of Hollywood Food Tour
$149.00*
and up
Los Angeles Highlights Tour: Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood and Beverly...
$70.00*
Hollywood Grand City Tour
Ranked #2 of 36 Nightlife in West Hollywood
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous club has for years been a hot spot to see the top names in rock 'n roll.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Was so glad we stopped here to have a beer and listen to some music. Just thinking about all the people that have played here you can feel the history in the air. It was nice to just sit and soak it all in. There were some pictures on the wall. The place was a lot smaller than I expected with not much seating.

1  Thank RitaLyC

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I visited LA in September 2011 with some buddies, and the Whiskey was high on my to do list and it didn't disappoint. We had a great night watching some local bands followed by The LA Guns. As a fan of 80s music, this notorious rock club on the Sunset Strip just had to be visited alongside a meal at the Rainbow bar and grill.

Drinks are reasonably priced, beers and spirits readily available, the venue is tight, gritty and full of rock history. When you think of the bands that have come through here, you actually have to be delighted to be in the place. After a few drinks it's like a rock heaven. Forget the big concert venues - get down and dirty at the Whiskey and rawk on \m/

1  Thank Dean C
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had a fun night at the Whiskey. Drinks were reasonable for L.A. They seem disorganized at the door. You buy your tickets online then wait in a really long line only to turn in your ticket inches away from where you bought it. You don't get a ticket stub--you get a handstamp. No point in the the long ticketing line. Go very early if you want to sit at a table upstairs. We preferred to stand, but the crowd did get pushy and irritating. Fun night though. We saw Wild Child.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good bands & Rock & Roll all night! I went with my husband to see The Faster Pcat in a place where most famous bands played such as Motley Crue and Guns and Roses.

1  Thank Maria Gimena L
Reviewed August 19, 2011

For some reason I've been drawn to this place , I even booked into a hotel near by during our tour of California so I could come here (sad).
It didn't disappoint as the band playing the night I was there The Lazy Stalkers were mental. They were so full of energy and really entertaining. I even got to meet with them and get a photo with them outside after.
The bar itself is a dive, and it wasn't particularly busy (monday night) but the history of this place just seeps from the walls. If you are a huge fan of what this place stands for and the history behind it you must visit. The bar maid was kinda up herself but thats her problem not mine. The door staff were friendly and took a photo of us outside.
Paid $5 c.c.and its $6 for a beer.

4  Thank TravellinTash