TripAdvisor

Ranked #35 of 485 Restaurants in West Hollywood
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: West Hollywood
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After watching the turgid, though great looking, movie adaptation of Downton Abbey in Century City, we were hungry. It was Shake Shack or Tender Greens, both of which we had enjoyed in the past. We settled on Tender Greens as there are more choices for the non meat eating, and very glamorous if I may say so, M (the wife). The restaurant is much smaller than other iterations that we’d been to and not as clean - dirty floors, unbussed tables, short on staff(the reason for the unbussed tables), but we ordered and went to our table. Shortly thereafter, a charming, good humored older gent brought our meals along with several fun facts and word play. Things were looking up (from the dirty floor). The food at Tender Greens is consistently good if you don’t count the heavily overdressed salad and over cooked, but still great tasting, steak. The mashed potatoes were, and are, exceptional maybe even divine if there is such a thing as divine mashpos. The aforementioned steak seemed to be a slice or two shorter than in the past, but who’s counting? M’s salad was good sized and very good. I would recommend the food but not the spot although maybe we hit an off night - it happens.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

Wow, gluten free options, absolutely delicious salads and chicken. My husband had the beef which he doesn't normally eat and went wow. Friendly, hapy and helpful staff.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 19, 2019

I went there one weeknight at about 6:00 pm and the place was very empty — a lot of small tables but there were only a couple of other single parties eating. However it appeared they were preparing several take-out or cater type order so they were busy.

I had the Sardinian Shrimp Bowl and it was good but it took quite a while to prepare it. I would say about 15 minutes while I stood there waiting. Apparently the shrimp took a while to finish. It had some kind of garnish vegetable I couldn't identify but it tasted OK. I recommend it for a quick casual meal and it was reasonably priced. Nice location in a busy part of Santa Monica in West Hollywood.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 15, 2019

I went to this restaurant with a friend & had a very good lunch. I had a really tasty fried chicken sandwich (topped with in-house made cole slaw) and a big bowl of beef barley soup. Both were very satisfying. My friend had a big salad, which was fresh, healthy & exactly what he was wanting & expecting.

This place is a little expensive for what you get, and we found the atmosphere somewhat sterile, but the food was quite good--especially for a chain restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I went to Tender Greens when it first opened and it was great-- fresh, grilled, generous, and wholesome. Now, years later, I've been quite disappointed. The portions have been reduced and the quality has dropped for sure. The place is called 'Tender Greens,' which leads one to believe that a vegan or vegetarian would be very happy here, knowing that produce is handled with care and grilled with minimal additives if any. However, I do find the veggies over oiled, over-salted, and I can taste something synthetic additive(s). I eat very cleanly, so I'm sensitive to additives like salt or MSG. I can't prove anything, but the veggies and dressings seem to defeat the purpose of eating healthy, which is what we Californians love. So as a vegan I'm sad to see so many grilled animals, but I'm also disppointed to see that the vegetables aren't highly regarded, either. The service is good and the people are friendly and the atmosphere is fine for an a la carte experience, but the food itself has gone from genuine and trustworthy to cheapened and unhealthy. Sorry, Tender Greens. Perhaps have a meeting and get back to the essence of your name.

Date of visit: October 2018