“Returning Guest”
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Over a year ago, I arrived at LAX and rented a car to begin my search of a place to stay nearby to where my daughter and grandson live in West Hollywood. I stopped at the Holloway Motel where I met with the Manager who gave me a key to check out one of the rooms. The room appeared clean and the rate was great which included free parking as well. I stayed for 4 days and the housekeeping was good. I am making a return trip to LA for another visit with daughter and grandson. I thought I seach the Internet for the Holloway Motel and was suprised to read some of the negative reviews by past guests. Initially, my thought was to pass on this property and consideer other options. However, I decided to call the mananger and discuss the negative reviews reflected on the Internet. I decided to make my reservation and looking forward to my return visit. Will let you know the outcome. By the way, my phone conversation with the manager went very well.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom P

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Location - great; quality - terrible
If you want somewhere where the staff are downright rude - you found it here.
The only redeeming feature of this place is the location. Walking distance of several W Hollywood facilities like Barney's Beanery, Basix etc

This is a basic place, the bathrooms desperately need refurbishing.
Get a few cocktails down you and it doesn't seem so bad,
But if you want to be treated like a nuisance by the reception 'staff' you've got the right place.
They are downright rude.

Room Tip: Our guess it they are all the same
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank David82605
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I paid USD 70 per night which was very cheap and housekeeping did a great job keeping an old place immaculately clean. For this price in this location i would have given it a 5 overall but the reception man (not alex whom i'd emailed) was gruff on multiple occasions and that brings the rating down. Example, when i arrived i asked 'hi, are you alex?'. Response was 'no'. I never did get his name. When i asked for an iron and ironing board i was told 'we are a motel, not a hotel'. Free tip: motels provide irons, even at 70 bucks a night. Good spot but stinking hot in summer.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Looks lovely from the outside, excellent location.
Rooms awful. Cigarette burns on sheets, window in bathroom broken
In dire need of refurbishment
Felt dirty

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank JoandGarry
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I can't understand the only negative comments here. I've been to Holloway in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The rooms are in poor condition, but clean. The "front desk" is most certanly not "five stars" but effective and friendly. The value of money is great, specialy if you consider the location and "free parking". We spend one night in another motel (just oposide to Holloway). It was way wroste (less friendly staff and even poorer condition of the room). If you want a good hotel: Go somewhere else. If you want a cheap place to sleep in West Hollywood: Holloway Motel is the place to be.....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelaround73
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Rude staff, no security, couple opened our door with a key to a different room and said sorry wrong room, complained to staff, couldn't care less. Just don't stay here, plenty of better places, a DUMP!

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank helenm2331
Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you want to stay in a sewer you have the perfect place. Insane Management, Rude, and not guest oriented. Room Smelled and had Bedbugs. If you shower wear your shoes. I have seen cleaner alleys. You might as well hand your money to a homeless person, at least they will not treat you like dirt. Be warned.. Jeff

Room Tip: Any where but here!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business