“Worse than terrible”
Review of Holloway Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Hollywood
Holloway Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Very simple STAY AWAY
Filthy place, rude manager and staff and the smell. I wonder what died there.
Not worth my effects to say more TRUST ME STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G P

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have stayed at the Holloway three times, and I have never had a problem with the hotel staff. Maybe a little "folksy", but never mean. I don't know what all the negative reviews are about, as I had a good experience each time. The price is great and the room is always clean and comfortable, and I appreciate the free parking, just get back soon enough because the lot does fill up. Within walking distance to the Weho bars, and the IHOP next door is great for a hearty breakfast the next morning. Room Tip: If you have a hot date, try not to make too much noise in the room, or the one next door might hear, as it's an older building, uh-oh! But reminds me of the Old Hollywood (it is well maintained). And don't forget to have fun!

Room Tip: Manager knows the rooms, and each one is different, so ask about the room description.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Larry P
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at this motel in 2008 and was prepared to overlook the managers rudeness because it seemed to be good value.

This week I suggested that a friend should stay here as it is within easy access of the bars and clubs. Whilst checking in the manager asked if my friend was parking a car to which she replied no. I said that I was driving her and had parked my car here, but he did not here. When my friend was taking her case to her room I asked if he needed the car registration or should I just leave it where it was...

The manager went off saying that I was telling him I would park there and not asking, swearing at me, insulting me, saying 'you are nothing in this town' etc so on and so forth.

I told the manager that I had stayed here and referred my friend and that he could be more polite, but he said that he didn't my referrals, didn't want my business and to go and get my friend for a refund because she was would be thrown out and banned.

Trying to appease the situation I told the manager that my problem was with me and not my friend, but he was resolute. So had to endure the embarrassing task of telling my friend I had had her thrown out and banned from a hotel in the first time in her life.

I would love to say that he will lose business, but he is in a great location and he knows it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank faran_c
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I made a reservation for one room at this motel for one night.I got there that night and the office was close.I left the motel and i rent one room to an other hotel close to this one .When i receve my credit card statment i realize that i was charged $91 from Halloway motel for that night.When i called to talk to the manager to tell him that i did not stay at his place but i was charged for that night this guy asked me to call him back for him to verify .I called him back after one week and he started to yell at me, call me liar and when a told him that i am going to make a complain he threatening me saying that he is coming to my home town and KILL ME,that he knows my phone nr.and my address, he call me all kind of ,,names,, and he used all kind of realy bad language i can "t even can tell you what was coming from his mouth .Believe this guy is a freak,very dangeros crazy and he should not be in this business.Please stay away from this place .My big mistake it was that i did not read the bad reviews before i call to make that reservation.I am happy that i did not stay there ,PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT PLACE IT IS SCARY ......

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ciprian s
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stay here only if you want to be treated like a complete hassle, not a customer. After being called an "ignorant moron" by the manager after having to call her out on her SECOND over billing, we were hung up on. Who is in charge over there, I'm not sure anyone knows. I can just say this... This is the worst motel I've ever experienced. Talk about everyday being a bad day in that house of gloom! I thought this was Hollywood! You'd be better served to stab yourself continuously in the eye, less painful.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rachdean76
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed here while they were working on my place and was satisfied with the room which I found to be clean and with everything there in working order. The location is convenient and given the area, the price for what you get is fair (I paid $91.14 including all taxes for a single night's stay with two (2) guests).. Two of their rooms are studios with kitchenettes but I did not stay in one of these as my room was just a basic motel room. My only nits were that the floor of my 2nd floor room had creaky floorboards which meant that the occupant below may have heard me walking about. Secondly, their optional WI-FI Internet which you had to pay extra for was a tad on the slow side (and my room was by the office!). My third minor issue is that ,despite what the amenities page of their website states about offering a free complimentary continental Breakfast , - They do NOT!!! Other than that minor disappointment, I was okay with the place and wold recommend it for someone looking for a decent, basic safe, clean motel to sleep in a rather expensive area.

Room Tip: The floor boards creak so get a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Chester_Paul_Sgroi
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed here for a friends birthday. When we got to the room it was very shabby put we put that at the back of our minds because we were plannig on clubbing andbarely being in the room. We returned to the room early by west hollywood standards. Around 1 am I went outside to smoke a cigarette with my bf and the person in the next room came out. My bf asked how's your night going? The man replied great except the people in the next room are being louso im goof to I.h.o.p. to get something to eat and hopefully when I return things will be calmed down... I was shocked! I don't drink and am very repectful I was raised right so I can honestly say that noone was being loud. Everyone was actually watching a movie because we were just pooped from a night of dancing. So we went to bed. Around 7am we were awoken by someone entering the room it was the maid who then slammed the door without an apology. We went back to sleep. We got andgot dressed and. By 10:45 I was pulling up mypants on the phone with a friend. The scary manager person bursted into the room screaming get the Fu@k out. Check out is at 11!! I looked at myphone being to scared and shocked to be embarresed that I was half dressed.. neways I looked at my phone and said it was 10:45.. he replied I don't give a flying fu@k! It smells like weed im calling the cops! "We don't smoke weed!" We left and my friends credit card was charged for the original 80-90 dollars but then there was another charge for 120 dollars!! And today a week later my friend was charged another 80 dollars! He called to ask why. And the person said that a police report was filed sayingthat my boyfriend and I verbally assaulted the guest next door! Noone should e treated this way and all this beasts accusations are false and someone needs to take ation against this unprofessional motel/ manager. Help!!! Stay away from here!!

• Stayed: May 2011