Stayed a couple of times in April - in a Junior Suite and a one bedroom suite.
Rooms were beautiful and comfortable with white furnishing accented by light greens. The bathrooms were however not great...the showers in both my rooms were dated and uncomfortable to use.
The pool area is great but crowded at weekends. Its not really where you go to relax - lots of non-guests come here to hang out and be seen. Music plays from the bar and there were quite a few children there - especially at weekends. Competition for the sunbeds was intense!
Service was great and professional - not rude at all. The food and beverage prices were however, extortionate even by London standards.
All in all - I had a pleasant experience and got to share an elevator with Brad Pitt.
Sure this place is pretentious - but so is LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood