I stayed here this summer. (June 3rd-une 23rd) it was a long stay ( 20 nights to be exact). I was simply visiting some friends in LA, not there for business, which means I was relaxed, and not very strict with my stay. The hotel is nicely decorated. The restaurant has good food, but is a little limited. Specially the room service menu. The valet parking was very welcoming, and the housekeeping lady in my room (516) was also nice, and attentive.
My negative opinion towards the hotel starts with the pool. It was as I already stated a long stay. I was able to get a pool bed only twice. The pool was completely full every time I came down. (Sometimes 10 am, sometimes 11 am.) I asked several times if I could reserve a pool bed a night before, and they told me that they didn't accept any reservations at the pool, but I saw a reserved sign several times. I had to ask Will the pool guy for a towel about three or four times, before he managed to get me one. I had to wait for the towel, obviously standing up (since there were no beds) for about 20 minutes.
During my checkout I called the bell boys to get my bags 30 minutes before I left. I waited during this time, and nobody came up, so I came down and told the receptionist that I was checking out and I needed somebody to pick my bags from the room. I had to wait for about 15 minutes until one of the receptionists went to get them herself.
Overall it was a pleasant stay, but you really need to step it up service wise, and specially do something about that pool ASAP, its what really bummed my stay here. Let guests do a reservation if you receive about 50 walk ins a day in your pool. I understand its a trendy, hip, youthful hotel, but excellent service is always imperative, and even more in a 20 night stay!
Mónica Hurtado Dovarganes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood