I come to LA for work often, and my company puts us up here. I can't say enough about how well the hotel treats. They're very flexible with our needs and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable and well taken care of. Whether we've needed printing for a presentation or it was an extra bottle of water on the house, customer service is no.1.
Though being in West Hollywood, it's a popular and busy spot. Full of scensters, star makers and wanna bee's, the weekends are the hardest to handle, since the hotel hosts exclusive parties. While i understand this is the bread and butter of the hotel, it can be disturbing to it's guests who are not there to party. So, i've learned to just meet up with friends or take myself out of the equation on Friday/Saturday eves.
Access to the pool is the only thing i would argue. Policy is no reservations, yet some one's got pull because there are reservation tags put on choice beds well before 9am. I've learned to just get down there early, and stake my claim. It can be a bit dog eat dog.
When the pool parties begin at noon on the weekends (yes, daytime pool party), it can get crowded and the non-guests start staking out territory. The staff does their best to manage the beds and give preference to paying guests. But on occasion, a scenster will nab one, and it's hard to ask them to move.
I would also suggest eating outside the hotel: you'll save money and there's a lot more to explore over on 3rd st, Melrose and Santa Monica just a couple blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood