“THE place to be for The Scene” 4 of 5 stars

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn NY
“THE place to be for The Scene”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I come to LA for work often, and my company puts us up here. I can't say enough about how well the hotel treats. They're very flexible with our needs and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable and well taken care of. Whether we've needed printing for a presentation or it was an extra bottle of water on the house, customer service is no.1.

Though being in West Hollywood, it's a popular and busy spot. Full of scensters, star makers and wanna bee's, the weekends are the hardest to handle, since the hotel hosts exclusive parties. While i understand this is the bread and butter of the hotel, it can be disturbing to it's guests who are not there to party. So, i've learned to just meet up with friends or take myself out of the equation on Friday/Saturday eves.

Access to the pool is the only thing i would argue. Policy is no reservations, yet some one's got pull because there are reservation tags put on choice beds well before 9am. I've learned to just get down there early, and stake my claim. It can be a bit dog eat dog.

When the pool parties begin at noon on the weekends (yes, daytime pool party), it can get crowded and the non-guests start staking out territory. The staff does their best to manage the beds and give preference to paying guests. But on occasion, a scenster will nab one, and it's hard to ask them to move.

I would also suggest eating outside the hotel: you'll save money and there's a lot more to explore over on 3rd st, Melrose and Santa Monica just a couple blocks away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Meapale
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello Meapale,

Thank you for your feedback, this is good information and we definitely do our best to accommodate everyone at our pool. Our parties are fun and full of great people and understand that it may not be for all. Please reach out to me directly should your travels bring you back to the Los Angeles area.

MondrianLA@mhgc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I went to a party at the Mondrian's SkyBar and this place is gorgeous, even at night. The lounge is awesome too and quite a few people (including us) were doing selfies and 'photo shoots' at this very contemporary modern hotel. Love it.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hi Aidhakhalil,

I am happy you had a great time at Skybar, please reach out to me directly if you return at luis.saldana@mhgc.com

regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Very stylish and glamorous hotel. Cosy rooms, nice reception and a popular roof terrace.
Exactly what you need in order to get in the mood of the city that lives under the lights of Hollywood.
The only disadvantage is that duting the evening you get some noise from the rooftop bar in some of the rooms.
You should also be prepared to use your own car or a taxi for almost everywhere you need to go, although the hotel is situated near the famous West Sunset Blvd.

Stayed September 2013
Hello Dimitrisk,

Thank you for your comments, its great to hear you enjoyed yourself while visiting us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly in the future should you visit us Los Angeles again.

Luis.saldana@mhgc.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed here this past Mon-tues night. They were hosting an event for the espys with red carpet and all. I left the hotel and then had trouble getting back in due to the security for the event. I told them I was staying at the hotel but they made me cross the road (in the middle of on-coming traffic) and then recross in front of the hotel to get in because the sidewalk in front of the hotel was "closed." Then to top it off my room was directly above the red carpet so I had to keep my shades closed all night because of all the camera flashes. My stay Monday wasn't very relaxing or welcoming. The grounds themselves were nice and the pool is relaxing. Pool staff was attentive. All and all I think it has the potential to be better- they just need to focus on guests more and hosting events as second.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hi Ross,

Thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at luis.saldana@mhgc.com should you visit the LA area again in the near future. I would like to invite you back.

Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the Mondrian last weekend and it was an unforgettable experience. First of all, the hotel smells like paradise. Just walking in, I knew my visit would be a delight. When I got to my room, I was totally taken by it. There was an incredible view of Los Angeles and the room was decorated in white, so it was super sexy. Housekeeping was on top of everything and the service was so nice. I went downstairs to lay out at Skybar and all of the servers and bartenders were fast and friendly. The crowd was attractive, young and hip, and the DJ played music fitting for a sexy summer pool party. It was very reminiscent of a Miami vibe, yet still with a sense of calm. Above all else, I was incredibly pleased because I lost my cell phone at Skybar, and they returned it to me the next morning. A+ experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello SkyeSpence,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the vibe at SKYBAR. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next visit at luis.saldana@mhgc.com

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My most recent experience at the Mondrian was nothing short of fabulous. From the sweeping city views from my room to the attentitve staff, there's no wonder why this hotel is my top Los Angeles pick!

Room Tip: I have stayed here about 10 times and no matter what, there's always a good view from the room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Michael S,

I am happy that Mondrian is your hotel of choice and value your feedback. Please reach out to me directly on your next visit at Luis.Saldana@mhgc.com. I would like the opportunity to personally meet and greet you.

Paradise Point, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I spent 2 nights at the mondrian, it was ok i guess but for the price you would expect more. The rooms where spacious and had a lovely bathroom and view. I could see sky bar from my room. there were a lot of diners and restaraunts around as well as shops so that was nice but other than that it was average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi R0sann,

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoy your time here with us at Mondrian. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Luis.Saldana@mhgc.com should you visit the LA area again.