“cool, fun , great bar”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“cool, fun , great bar”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went for our anniversary and we had a great time! the room was cool and sexy and the bar was great and also the pool. Before going by phone we found the management not so good but once there everything was great. we were in the 4th floor on the street and it was noisy we didn't care but if you are looking for a good sleep go higher

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicolas-JB, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello,

I am happy to read that you chose us to celebrate your anniversary. It probably did not take you too long to realize that you had made the right choice in staying with us.
Let me know next time you plan on returning, I will make sure you get a quieter room.

nicolas.black@mhgc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

When I have to stay in LA, I stay at the Mondrian. I like the roomy reception, the wonderful restaurant and of course, the sky bar. The rooms are fun and large enough, right next door to the House of Blues and close to wherever I need to go. The staff is fun, overall friendly and I don't see a need to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Karen,

Thank you for being so loyal to us. We love guests like yourself that understand what Mondrian is all about.
Next time you come to LA, please reach out directly to me so that I can arrange accommodations for you. I would love to meet with you as well to personally introduce myself.

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Located across the street from the original House of Blues, you can't much more Hollywood than this place. From slightly "different" furnishings in the room (still do not know how to turn on the tv in the mirror) to the eclectic crowd going in and out of the main entrance, to the Sky Bar, this place is straight out of a movie. This is second time I have stayed there and Thursday/Fri is much different than Mon/Tues regarding hotel activity. The lobby and bar was hopping. Guest staying at the hotel were able to easily get into the crowded bar frequented by the locals.The staff could not have nicer during check in and my very early check out. Cabs run at the hotel at all hours of the night so getting to the airport was not a problem at 4 AM.
The only problem was if you wanted to go to bed before 2 AM and your room overlooked the bar. It is hard to sleep to boom, boom, boom. Make sure that you get a street side room if you want to get some rest.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room overlooking the bar if you want to sleep. The music will rattle the windows.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DCT84
Nicolas-JB, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello,

Mondrian is the place to stay without a doubt. We have the best amenities one hotel could ever have. Our new restaurant Herringbone serves delicious food from the one and only Chef Brian Malarkey. Sky Bar is a MUST go and reservations are strongly suggested.
Let me know next time you plan on visiting so that I can take care of your accommodation needs.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Although it has been nearly 8 years since my stay at the Mondrian West Hollywood, let me say the staff there made me feel like royalty. No issues that weren't met with genuine kindness and understanding. The A/C was not at it's best summer of '06 but, the staff provided a portable A/C unit for the room that chilled us off nicely. As with another SPG hotel, Mondrian lives up to the "What Ever, When Ever and Where Ever" you may need it type of motto. As a member of the Starwood Preferred Group I have never had any issues at an SPG Participating Hotel that were not cleared up immediately and my needs met with follow up assurance. It's just great business period! Enjoyed several days here with meals from the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus and let me say the food is as great as the service. The Tiki Bar and pool area at night were strictly for hotel guest verified with room key card. Actually met one of Hollywood's best actors there and chatted like we were old college pals. Great time had by all. Hope to get out that way again soon and rest assured I'll be accommodated well at the Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood during my visit. My hats off to the staff for premier service with a smile. Salute!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Speedrcr60
Nicolas-JB, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello,

Happy to read that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed the food from our new restaurant Herringbone. I just need to correct something for the sake of the audience on Tripadvisor and that is that we do not have a Tikki bar, you are probably referring to the Sky Bar Hut which has an amazing bar.

Let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations as it would be my pleasure to be your ally.

London
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Bit late writing in writing this review but as we were thinking of going back to LA I would definitely stay here again. We stayed at the Mondrian in June 2013, whilst checking in we were unaware that we had been upgraded and still not sure why we were but that is not a complaint!
The room was amazing - huge bed, a mirror that turns into a TV!, sofa, desk, walk in shower room and dressing area. Very stylish decor not to mention the incredible views of the Hills and LA.
Most days were spent lounging by the pool which always has a great atmosphere and music and the Skybar is the place to be on the nights leading up to the weekend.
Great location too in West Hollywood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pretti H
Nicolas-JB, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Pretti,

It's never too late to write a great Tripadvisor review like yours.
I am happy to read that you plan on coming back to stay with us. Like I mention to everyone that wants to stay with us is that all they have to do is contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to be their allies before, during and after their stay. Just e-mail me at nicolas.black@mhgc.com so that I may assist you with accommodations.
You also have a special promotion going on at the moment through the Tripadvisor "Exclusive Special Rate" section that gives you 10% off a room as well as complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel. WIFI is now free in our public areas by the way.

Looking forward to being your ally.

Best,

Nicolas

P.S: Since your last visit we opened an amazing restaurant called Herringbone and Sky bar is better than ever.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It is almost twenty years since we first swooned over the Mondrian and it has lost none of its ability to delight the senses. We've since stayed at various Morgan hotels around the world, but the fondness for the Mondrian lives on. So, to check in and feel at home after so long was just a delight. My jet lag forgotten. I love this hotel. On first encounter, my partner and I adored everything from its quirky art installations to its poolside that becomes a bar at night and its relaxing rooms. This time, I'm solo, on a work trip and the Mondrian is just as efficient, a hub for film and TV types in a great location (Comedy Store across the road, House of Blues ditto). Long may it prosper.

Room Tip: If you here for fun, overlook the pool; if not, you will find outer rooms might suit you more.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank J0hnnyG13
Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this amazing review.
I am glad you chose to come back to us and that you realize that we are very special property with amazing staff and amenities.
Hope you had a chance to have dinner at Herringbone which is our most recent upgrade from our previous restaurant.

Make sure to contact me directly next time you plan on staying with us or if you want to recommend friends as well. It would be my pleasure to accommodate all of you.

Best,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've been staying at the Mondrian for a couple of weeks now in a beautiful super spacious suite. The staff is super friendly, room service is always fast and the food is great. The location is perfect, close to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. The hotel is packed with trendy people and from Thursday until Saturday it's busy at the pool area with a DJ and 'party people' having drinks and a some dancing. I would recommend this hotel to young people or old people who feel young (-;

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of he hotel are very quiet at night, some rooms overlooking the pool have a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob K
Nicolas-JB, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello Rob,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. You pretty much mentioned everything that we are known for, which is great food (provided by our brand new restaurant Herringbone), great drinks at Sky Bar, our location and most importantly our staff which is our most important asset, without them we would not be able to create that amazing experience that we strive for.

Next time you plan a visit, please make sure to contact me directly so that I personally help you with your accommodations. Being that you are a Tripadvisor user you can always check our special deals we offer via their website. For this month we offer a special room discount with complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel.