We booked the one bedroom suite for the weekend. We were always hesitant about staying here because we're traveling with our 10 year old daughter, and have heard about the noise levels and the 'scene' at SkyBar. It was all true, the first nite we were on the 2nd floor. The wood floors initially seemed great, until you realize why hotels don't have them - the people above us kept us awake until about 4am. The fire truck and 2 ambulances arriving at about 1am... the person ringing our door at 2 am. It was really unbearable. However the staff was so nice about finding us a room the next day. You could tell this wasn't the first time it came up.
And the staff was really great. Honestly, everything about this hotel is a recipe for the worst arrogant LA behavior, particularly around the popular pool/bar area but the staff was anything but. Every front desk, bell person, and all of the staff at the pool were really down to earth, pleasant and funny. Room service was really fast.
The room was very spacious. I'd have to say that the sofa converted into a daybed (not a pullout) and was probably the best sofa bed we've ever had for our kiddo. Everything was clean and the bathroom was well appointed. The only think I didn't like was the open closet (who wants to lay in bed and look at all of their stuff?)
The pool is very small. It's sort of the center of SkyBar which is packed all day long. It's full of young adults, and everything that goes along with it in LA. It was a pretty interesting show sitting by the stairs watching all of the girls in swimsuits with 6 inch heals carrying handbags and cocktails trying to navigate them. Many near misses and a few tumbles. Food served poolside was excellent. More smoking than anywhere I've ever been in the past 15 years I've lived in California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood