Stayed here for a few nights in July 2012. Overall great experience with one hiccup which I have to drop them a star for. Upon checking into our 1 bedroom suite we were put into a smoking room on a smoking floor. It was disgusting to say the least as a non smoker. We had requested a non smoking room upon booking and actually I wasn't even aware hotels even permitted smoking in rooms anymore. The front desk girl at first said non smoking rooms are only a request. What! Hey if you request a non smoking room you expect one. Anyway they didn't have another suite so they put us in a King Corner which was smaller but had a much better view of the pool area and beyond. We actually liked it better than the more expensive 1 bedroom suite. They credited our account the difference because this was a less expensive room.
From there it was pure bliss. The pool was great to relax all day. The food in the restaurant was great and Skybar at night was great. When back in the area I will stay here again but will make it clear a smoking room is not an option when booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood