Parking attendants are rude, unhelpful and deceiving. I informed the valet attendant at 12:45 AM that I was just dropping guests off that were checking in and would not be staying more than an hour or so. I asked if there was a charge, he said No, so then I requested that he keep my car close since I was leaving shortly. He said No problem and said he would keep my car in the valet drop-off area. When I was ready to leave I was told I had to pay somewhere between $20 and $30. I explained what transpired earlier and pointed at my car which was still in the drop-off area as discussed at drop-off and the man said I couldn't be telling the truth since I was given a valet ticket and they cannot be "comped" as well as telling me the rules are stated on their sign. I asked why I was told earlier that I wouldn't be charged and he again repeated what he just said only more angrily. I wasn't getting anywhere with him so I reluctantly agreed to pay. I didn't have cash so I gave him a credit card. He said the credit card machine wasn't working so I had to use the ATM inside (which charges a fee). At this point, a female attendant arrived and butted in to the conversation and asked why I didn't read the sign. I asked why the attendant gave me false information and she rolled her eyes. I then asked for the valet manager and was told I would be wasting my time but he arrived a minute later. He was polite and said he would correct the issue this one time but said I was given incorrect information from the start. The man and woman who argued with me stayed quiet and seemed very annoyed. The next day I was visiting my friends at the hotel again and rather than pay the valet, I parked at a garage a few blocks down Sunset (for $10), which I highly recommend.
I must say.....The rest of the hotel staff were extremely polite and the hotel is beautiful. I would never park my car here though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood