Mondrian Hotel is located in West Hollywood on Sunset Blvd, a great location to discover some of LA's most famous places, even if you are without a car.
Rooms at the hotel are from $400 / night so do not stay if you are on a budget ! The furnishing / ambiance of the hotel is decidely "design" orientated, for example spacious rooms with white walls, a very large mirror / TV panel in the centre (an interesting feature), a dozen lighting options (a confusing but nice feature) but no door between bathroom / toilet / bedroom (an annoying feature). Views from the balcony onto L.A/ Beverly Hills are stunning !
We sampled the "Cuban / Asian fusion" restaurant both for b/fast and dinner (nice food, stunning views over L.A) and the Skybar (disappointing ambiance / music). The latter was a let down, especially after so much hype about the place !
Service was good but not outstanding. It was certainly no match to some similar luxury hotels in London (eg. Hotel 41).
Overall, this was a very pleasant hotel with a touch of luxury but probably not as exceptional as you may expect from the price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood