I have previously visited the Mondrian and although I loved the hotel wasn't overly impressed with the staff. I have to say that after my most recent stay I have been totally won over. The staff were so helpful even before travelling I emailed Sarai with room requests and they were all facilitated. Check in was an easy experience and the desk staff were very friendly. The room was great, a Studio Suite with two double beds, it was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. We were at the front of the building, facing the hills. We had some trouble with the tv but within mins the problem was solved by staff. As I stated last time the valet staff are great and so friendly, a credit to the hotel, always asking if you need directions or recommendations.
The only issue I had was that because we stayed over Halloween, Sky Bar was very busy and on two occassions drunk non residents jumped in the elevator when we had unlocked it with our room card (after 10pm). I feel a little more security late at night would be a benefit to the hotel.
I am looking forward to staying at the Mondrian again on my next trip to LA and would defintely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood