We have just come back from our honeymoon which included a week at the Mondrian (and 4 nights at their sister hotel The Clift in San Francisco). We had a great week in LA!
When we arrived, I was a little worried about the location (given we had just come from Bellagio in Vegas), but quickly could see the cool West Hollywood vibe outside. The hotel was just lovely! The reception team (I think it was Richard??) had upgraded us to a beautiful room on the 9th Floor and even brought us a surprise bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries that evening!
The room itself was very large with a kitchen area, lounge area, massive bathroom and enormous super king bed. The TV was in an interesting (and v different) casing that had a light around it (which you switched off at the wall! laughed when read comment below from other review!).
The Skybar was very welcoming and the waiters in the restaurant were a good laugh. We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
All in all a great week, very easy team to talk to and the valet guys were always welcoming when fetching or taking our car. Yes it was $33 per night to park the car, but this is comparable and more expensive in San Francisco, so we knew to expect this.
In terms of location, there is a fab cafe nearby, plus Mels Diner (see guidebooks), plus lots of fab shops to look in. We walked to Beverley Hills from the hotel on one day which was fab! The only drawback with LA in general is everywhere is a drive, there is no "main centre", unless you count Beverley Hills, but thats not really realistic.
So, we wanted to put a review on here to say a MASSIVE thanks to the team for helping to make our honeymoon extra special! Thanks guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood