My family stayed at the Mondrian for 2 nights. Our room rate $369.00, but this does not include the West Hollywood tax of 14% per night and $33 a night for parking if you have a car. Keep in mind, your bill for the room each night will be much more than the room rate.
We made reservations at Asia de Cuba for our first night, and although the restaurant has a beautiful view, you will most likely have a better view from your room. We canceled and went to a local restaurant instead. It was a good choice. There are so many great restaurants in West Hollywood.
The Sky Bar fell a little flat for us. We came in early, around 5 to have a pre-dinner drink, and the women who served us had a wanna be actor attitude complete with a yoga hard body. When sober, you realize paying $14 for a small martini in a plastic glass is not fun, especially when it comes with a side of attitude.
We came came back to Sky Bar after dinner and it was pumping and great fun for people watching (think Shaws of Sunset) and our server was nicer this time. Probably because we were acting normal and we were polite.
The rooms are okay, I thought a bit dated and there is no coffee maker in the room, but the real gem of this place is the convenient location. The concierge was helpful (gentleman with horn rimmed glasses and blonde hair-nice guy) and the front desk personable. I should also mention, our shower had not been cleaned and we had to have housekeeping come and do so before we could take showers....this at over $369.00/night??
Next time, we'll be going somewhere else, but it was fun for a first time experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelPower and getaroom.com so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood