We received a warm welcome at the Mondrian. With complimentary waters on arrival, we were checked in and given a tour of the room promptly.
The suite was a good size overlooking the mansions in the hills at the front of the building. The room was well appointed, with a large wet bar area, sumptuous sofa in the lounge and a really comfortable bed. The mattress was enveloping and the pillows were plump and supportive. The large TVs concealed within the mirrors were an interesting piece of design, but seemed to needlessly take up space in the room. There was plenty of hanging space for clothes in the bedroom. The bathroom/wet room was stocked with nice toiletries, plenty of fluffy towels and was spotlessly clean.
Minor niggles. No in-room tea/coffee making facilities (tho you can get filter coffee in reception from 6am) and the mini bar charges are extortionate... $14 for a bottle of water! Also it felt a bit mean to charge $10 per day for wifi access.
Definitely recommend dining at Asia de Cuba. The service was exceptional and the tasting menu with wine was great value at little over $60 a head. It's worth contacting the hotel before you arrive to make your reservation as it gets pretty busy! Outside dining is probably the way to go with great views out over LA.
As residents at the hotel you are given entry to the sky bar. This is really popular with queues down the street, so it's handy to be able to walk in through the hotel. Both the cocktails and ambience are great.
All in all, a pleasant stay at a design-led hotel that I would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood