I had written a review here on the Mondrian, after a 4 weeks stay at this hotel in 2006. My review was mostly negative, as I was ver disappointed of the rooms, and the lack of service. Design and goodlooks were more important then other aspects such as service and quality of rooms.
However, following major works in the hotel in the recent years, I wanted to give the Mondrian another chance, especially as my other favorite hotels were not available
I have stayed now 2 weeks at the Mondrian in october, and booked a 1-bed room suite. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the improvements. The rooms have all been remodeled and are much more comfortable and practical then the previous Philip Starck design version. Also, the service seem to be improved considerably. Check however several times the booking rates on their website, as these might change after hour booking, and you might find better rates for the same type of room after you have booked it. In this case, it I advice to cancel your booking, and rebook the same room at the lower rate ( in my case, I got free parking and breakfast, as well as a lower rate then the initial booking). Overall. I can now recommend this hotel for singles and
or young couples. It is definitely not a hotel for families for kids
If offered the choice between the Studio and the one-bedroom suite , go for the later option, although both are sold for the same rate, as it is slightly bigger and more practically laid-out..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Herringbone, a restaurant by Enlightened Hospitality Group, James Brennan and Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey, features ocean-to-table cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and quality meats, while our new Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu during the day and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Base, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Cancelon, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood